Covering up windows when rendering

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, just thought I would ask if anybody knows of any product that can be used to cover windows when rendering, I normally use plastic sheeting and tape, but it can be a nightmare sometimes so was wondering if anybody had any good tips or links to products they recommend, cheers

We've started a chop off and re-render job today and covered all the windows with hardboard and a strip of ply on the cills. Although this is obviously to stop damage by falling pieces of render it also does a good job of keeping them clean and is easier to handle in the wind than poly or the sticky backed window film.

Hi guys, just thought I would ask if anybody knows of any product that can be used to cover windows when rendering, I normally use plastic sheeting and tape, but it can be a nightmare sometimes so was wondering if anybody had any good tips or links to products they recommend, cheers

We sell protective tapes, also do the 500mm protective roll in light Blue. Dimensions are 500mm x 100m

For our tape range please follow this link; Plasterers 1 Stop Shop » Plastering & Screeding Machines

On the left hand side you will see the section 'Protective tapes' Please click on there and it will take you to the right place. If you click on each product it will show you if we have a bulk buy price.

Any questions in on my mobile: 07891 460532

Ryan

always keep a roll of blue window in the van, great stuff. and packexe for internals and thresholds

We use a corex type 2mm corrugated board, easy to cut to size, lightweight and can be taped to frames,can also be cut oversized so that it can be wedged under compression to the opening.

They can be reused and cleaned, also good for floor protection,,,, costs about £3.50 per 8*4 sheet

Thanks does anybody else use this and is it any good ?

Yep I've used it when Tyroleaning, make sure you run it vertically and overlap the joints and make sure theres no gaps between them, we gaffa round the outside. Its not the nicest of stuff to work with but does the job, make sure you allow for the time it takes in your quote.

There is some stuff available which you can paint on the window. then peel away after. Looks good but pricey.

Hardboard is good to but blacks out windows.

Direct building products sell kipp masking rolls. Same as speedymask. Any will do. I keep 550mm and 1100mm. One for soffits, one for doors & windows. The blue dolphin PVC tape(blue) is good for leaving on for the duration of a job without leaving any residue unlike most gaffs type tapes. Use gaffs for stone sills etc and wood as it doesn't mark them.

Direct building products sell kipp masking rolls. Same as speedymask. Any will do. I keep 550mm and 1100mm. One for soffits, one for doors & windows. The blue dolphin PVC tape(blue) is good for leaving on for the duration of a job without leaving any residue unlike most gaffs type tapes. Use gaffs for stone sills etc and wood as it doesn't mark them.

Goody,

Have a quick look at our tape prices if you want. All available next day. Our Blue Dolphin tape is also 50m per roll

Ok butt will do. Btw I think you've said all you can on the other thread to minimise a tarnished reputation. Nothing like a bit if criticism to focus the mind on what matters in taking a business forward in the right direction. Get that right and I'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about.

Cheers mate. Really appreciate that. If you do place an order with us make sure you let me know who you are and I will stick a couple of extras in there for you. Cheers

I use the blue tape from DBP. Sticks in all temperatures and leaves no residue. You need a knofe to cut it though. Lord and Downing sells a white masking tape what is as good, tears off the roll but only works in summer. Gaffa tape from mammoth is cheap but leave residue if the sun gets on it and is a real pain of brown wood grain upvc.

nail varnish remover is good for removing tape residue ............:RpS_thumbup:

nail varnish remover is good for removing tape residue ............:RpS_thumbup:

So is turps. I only use gaffa tape on the most stubborn surfaces. Used gaffa tape once on brown upvc woodgrain on a south facing wall in summer.It took two days to get it out of the grain, never again!

Status
Not open for further replies.