couple of s&c renders.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is. I honestly couldn't go back now, and if I've managed to keep earning a few bob this last few years I should be ok as it can't get that bad again!
Some lovely backdrops whilst I'm working, might annoy the forum with a few of those in a bit lol.
I have met a few born over here that worked in Laois plastering in the boom,funny most are back here now, big difference to London bit I'm used to it over since may87

There were some right tulips here in the boom, if you owned a trowel you'd be in business.
Couldn't get any of my own work for obvious reasons when I first came so worked for a subby for 5 months, he had 18 spreads on, I worked with them all but I'd say only 3 were even half decent.
Good thing about the recession though, all the idiots have gone by the wayside, the most local 'spread' to me is now chopping logs for a living.

There were some right tulips here in the boom, if you owned a trowel you'd be in business.
Couldn't get any of my own work for obvious reasons when I first came so worked for a subby for 5 months, he had 18 spreads on, I worked with them all but I'd say only 3 were even half decent.
Good thing about the recession though, all the idiots have gone by the wayside, the most local 'spread' to me is now chopping logs for a living.
Yes , my brother in law was a builder ,they only employed plasterers with teams of 20. He said labourers became spreads over night ,

Recessions are not all bad :)

Sand is more stone based over there ( didn't want to say courser). To form an ext angle you get a 5m length of floorboard, then return when dry. Bell casts formed with 2x1 prep. Windows have patent reveals. You couldn't break it with a hammer

A patent is where the reveal and head are proud of the finished wall by around 10 to 15mm, at a thickness of around the same.
It is achieved by fixing a 2x1 onto a 3x1 which is fixed to the wall and then plastered upto when doing the reveals, timbers taken off and then work behind the pronounced reveal when doing the wall.

I'll post some pics, possibly tomorrow

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1432736823.797213.jpg

Here is a patent from face on, the reveal just has a nap finish on it and wet dashed wall.
Taken from my little un's school!

That's a good way to do the reveals with dashing it leaves a nice finished edge.
When I was serving my time we had to knib the reveals,doors and any angles on exterior render. It does take longer than beading but leaves a nice job.
But speed and time come first when on price work.

S
View attachment 5414
Here is a patent from face on, the reveal just has a nap finish on it and wet dashed wall.
Taken from my little un's school!
Sorry, but that just looks nasty. Almost looks like a stop bead put on wrong way round..

My view is, either roughcast/render right up to corner or have a band of smooth render round opening as long as it is 100mm or wider, if it looks fake it looks s**t...

Status
Not open for further replies.