Cost to plaster a ceiling

MiniGuy80

Hi all,

I need a newly plasterboarded ceiling plastered, it's about 13 by 13 foot.

What should I expect to pay?

Thanks for reading

you will get prices from peanuts to £1000s

depends on far too many factors and creates a lot of debates....

Decide how much that newly plastered ceiling is worth t you then get some quotes in and see what the prices are like....

Sounds daft but reality is my prices would be different to the next persons...

you will get prices from peanuts to £1000s

depends on far too many factors and creates a lot of debates....

Decide how much that newly plastered ceiling is worth t you then get some quotes in and see what the prices are like....

Sounds daft but reality is my prices would be different to the next persons...
This forum has members from all over the uk, and the price for any given job will vary from plasterer to plasterer and place to place. Better say where your from.

Yes obviously plasterers down south to up north there's a big difference in rates prices ect

Depends on a load of factors, where in the country, access to the job, what’s the boarding like, is there hopes for spot lights all over, what do you seem like as a customer, an experienced spread will take all these into account before giving you a price. It’s difficult to price off the top of your head

Get 3 prices and judge for yourself. Look at the person who is giving the quote, there advice ,attitude and how professional they look. It's not 100% accurate but a good way of getting the job done correctly and to a good standard.

Hi all,

I need a newly plasterboarded ceiling plastered, it's about 13 by 13 foot.

What should I expect to pay?

Thanks for reading

Be £150 upwards....for me, it'd be £220.

Polish man might do it for £50 but if he fucks it up, he's not coming back, is he?

Be £150 upwards....for me, it'd be £220.

Polish man might do it for £50 but if he fucks it up, he's not coming back, is he?
Make you right. £200 to £250 is what you want for day rate, any less your under selling yourself and may as well work for a company doing maintenance.

Make you right. £200 to £250 is what you want for day rate, any less your under selling yourself and may as well work for a company doing maintenance.

I say £180 plus materiels plus 20% and I don't do half days...of course, the customer never gets the materiels, but the way I put it, I pretend to have given him the option....

So a visit from me would usually be between £220 and £300, depending on materiels but not on time. A visit's a visit.

Did really well out of that recently...the customer wanted to do it in little stages....I told him it'd be dear - don't do half days....he ended up paying £800 for what was really only a day and a half's work....but I don't feel bad - he was told.

We had the 2 walls in the hall done for 220. I think it's about 15ft long and 8ft high, but has 5 doors in it so there's not a lot of wall, but it is quite narrow so not the easiest. We had another 1 quote for 160

£325 with everything sheeted up and coffee supplied by customer
Well that's more like a company quote. And people forget that's precisely what you are when self employed.
Charge it right or don't bother working for yourself.
You won't see a sparky under pricing. Probably because they are pretentious. But we're all accountable for our work which carry certain risks. So they have to pay for professionalism and knowledge.

BC0D09CB-DE30-4F19-BD16-9AB24385754C.jpeg

Good eggs. Good use of pepper. Good crispy streaky...but what in the name of the baby bejAYSUS is that bread? Did a woman buy it?

Lol, yes she did. But trust me, it's nice. It's a dark wholewheat with seeds, it compliments the yolk

I'd say 4 hrs min. Getting materials, prep and set up, skim then tidying up.
Obviously one surface more time consuming than consecutive areas.
Then you've got overheads.

This job would be a doddle. It's already boarded so the room is likely empty. It's board, so no scraping or pva etc. I'd put a sheet down and mix up and go.

Put it on, lay down same mix. load van. tidy. finish ceiling. gone. 2.5 hours MAX. I'd aim for 2.

Materials are loaded at the start of the week, I've always got a few bags in the van so would be fine for this bag n a half ceiling.

I get alot of patching/small jobs which I try to put all in on 1 day, so I'd look at doing that ceiling in the morning then going to another small job or prep a bigger one.

After everything I'd walk away with 200 min, then go to another job.

How goods boarding.
Anyway . He.s not offering it on here so no interest. Would suited me for me Friday morning job