Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Members online

Colin 879

How can football return ???

Should the leagues be null and void ??

Should the FA and Premier League Bosses be suggesting football should start again behind closed doors ???

Etc etc

Let’s discuss.

i would follow the Dutch decision and make the season null and void. may be next season as well.
Ajax will not complete in the champions league next season.

teams like Colchester released 12 players this week , 4 first team regulars. as the owner said everyone of his businesses is in trouble and he may not be able cover the wage bill . clubs that don't carry out drastic action may not survive.

Should the FA and Premier League Bosses be suggesting football should start again behind closed doors ???

Etc etc

Let’s discuss.
You'll be able to go and watch it in wetherspoons in a couple of weeks by the look of it

Etc etc

Let’s discuss.
Null and void for me. Only responsible thing to do really and if money wasn't involved would be a no brainer.
Champions League is as good as over already with Dutch and French leagues cancelled.

@Tom81
@malc
@Nath80

There’s too much money at stake in the premier league compared to the Dutch,french and Belgian who have null and void already.

Disgusting that they can say they can continue behind closed doors without fans , yet another kick in the teeth for supporters,
Bt, sky , £50 a ticket now they can do it without them .

How can they say they will buy testing kits for all clubs and staff when they can’t get testing kits to care homes etc.

Why aren’t they being called out for this.

All to try and get Liverpool over the Line so it seems , I’d bet good money season starts Liverpool get the 2 wins then cancelled for good and they will get the title.

Last edited:
@Tom81
@malc
@Nath80

There’s too much money at stake in the premier league compared to the Dutch,french and Belgian who have null and void already.

Disgusting that they can say they can continue behind closed doors without fans , yet another kick in the teeth for supporters,

How can they say they will buy testing kits for all clubs and staff when they can’t get testing kits to care homes etc.

All to try and get Liverpool over the Line so it seems , I’d bet good money season starts Liverpool get the 2 wins then cancelled for good and they will get the title.
If everyone else has to social distance I can't see how they can let a load of blokes run around right next to each other and justify it. We aren't allowed to hug our mum's at the moment but in a few weeks they're going to be able to hug each other on corners and mam mark each other. Makes no sense

If everyone else has to social distance I can't see how they can let a load of blokes run around right next to each other and justify it. We aren't allowed to hug our mum's at the moment but in a few weeks they're going to be able to hug each other on corners and mam mark each other. Makes no sense

Exactly what about spitting that they all love to do and man marking at set pieces. Having football on the tv makes kids and idiots think they can have a kick about with their mates.

It madness how’s they haven’t come and out and ended it..

Golf,snooker, tennis all Sports which are easier to social distance are all off but they think they can have 22 men tackling each other in empty stadiums.

i would follow the Dutch decision and make the season null and void. may be next season as well.
Ajax will not complete in the champions league next season.

teams like Colchester released 12 players this week , 4 first team regulars. as the owner said everyone of his businesses is in trouble and he may not be able cover the wage bill . clubs that don't carry out drastic action may not survive.
only sensible way to do it is stop everything now in all leagues,null and void everything, ........big big problem is i can just not see a new football season starting afresh in the next 2 years,.......clubs from all leagues will simply be finished,.............what type /how many buissnesses has your chairman got malc,.............carlisle chairman has one buisness a very successfull butchers/fresh meats/shops etc, and a carlisle united fanatic/sensible man

A seven-page document drawn up by Premier League director of football Richard Garlick has laid out the protocols that would need to be followed at training grounds ahead of football’s planned restart.

The plans, which will be discussed at a meeting of clubs on Friday, will also require players and staff to pass a Covid-19 Antigen Test in the 48 hours before returning to group training.

The rules include:

• All footballs, GPS units, cones, corner flags, goalposts and other equipment to be disinfected before and after use by staff wearing PPE
  • Players encouraged to wear a snood or mask at all times
  • Cars to be parked three spaces apart
  • No massages unless approved by club doctor
  • Fluids to be left at designated pick-up points
  • Only visit training block to use toilet
  • Initially only five players per training group
  • Players to be given designated time slots and 15 minutes to prepare
  • 75 minutes of small group training
  • 15 minutes recovery
  • Players and staff will be banned from spitting at the training ground
The document states: “This protocol will require the consent of all stakeholders and the agreement of Clubs....

This is from the Telegraph and covers training only.

only sensible way to do it is stop everything now in all leagues,null and void everything, ........big big problem is i can just not see a new football season starting afresh in the next 2 years,.......clubs from all leagues will simply be finished,.............what type /how many buissnesses has your chairman got malc,.............carlisle chairman has one buisness a very successfull butchers/fresh meats/shops etc, and a carlisle united fanatic/sensible man

our chairman Robbie is a multi millionaire. his first business Job serve, a large employment agency.
a building company that is developing 90 houses on his land at Tiptree Essex, where he built the Col U. training centre. a sports academy for children, owner of the Maldon and Tiptree football ground. he is a very generous man often sponsoring the club. he has done well for a boy from Jaywick the poorest town in uk.

@Tom81
@malc
@Nath80

Belgium and France didn't null and void. They declared league positions as they sit. Dutch did cancel season but European spots awarded on Current positions

Belgium and France didn't null and void. They declared league positions as they sit. Dutch did cancel season but European spots awarded on Current positions

I wasn’t sure I just remembered Dutch saying Ajax won’t be champions

Etc etc

Let’s discuss.
Whatever Decision it takes to stop those scouse cxxts winning it I’ll be happy With , we’ve had a s**t season, so glad it’s all over tbh , now gotta pay 1218£ for my season ticket ffs

Whatever Decision it takes to stop those scouse cxxts winning it I’ll be happy With , we’ve had a s**t season, so glad it’s all over tbh , now gotta pay 1218£ for my season ticket ffs
4A0EC8F3-EECD-4072-BE1D-971214D5B9CC.jpeg

It’s not all about Liverpool there’s the relegation and promotions to consider, In an ideal world they would carry on when safe to do so but that could be next March!

Aguero on back pages of the papers saying players are scared of returning to early as they have families and babies at home. Fair play for coming out and saying it, greedy premier league bosses don’t give a f**k about the well being of the players and their families ... just the tv money

Aguero on back pages of the papers saying players are scared of returning to early as they have families and babies at home. Fair play for coming out and saying it, greedy premier league bosses don’t give a f**k about the well being of the players and their families ... just the tv money
He’d change his tune if he was 20+ points clear, he knows champs league is off so nothing to play for.

He’d change his tune if he was 20+ points clear, he knows champs league is off so nothing to play for.

lol they still want to play champions league do UEFA and fa cup which they are favourites to win both. Ain’t about winning a piece of metal it’s about keeping your families safe!!

you must be a Liverpool fan lol

How can any sport expect players on teams to put themselves at risk in the name of entertainment at a time like this.
Liverpool fans on twitter saying to boost morale of the nation. Just void it and reward them the league, if it restarted and they win it their fans would be outside the ground in thousands celebrating all round rack others houses etc etc . It’s ridiculous

Liverpool fans on twitter saying to boost morale of the nation. Just void it and reward them the league, if it restarted and they win it their fans would be outside the ground in thousands celebrating all round rack others houses etc etc . It’s ridiculous
I have no interest in soccer but have in our Irish Gaelic football,all games are off till god knows when.It’s not called a pandemic for nothing.

I have no interest in soccer but have in our Irish Gaelic football,all games are off till god knows when.It’s not called a pandemic for nothing.

exactly how can they say social distancing to stay in place for some time then allow contact sport to take place, will lead to lads in the park having a kick about

lol they still want to play champions league do UEFA and fa cup which they are favourites to win both. Ain’t about winning a piece of metal it’s about keeping your families safe!!

you must be a Liverpool fan lol
Nope, Blackburn Rovers. Get to see it from both sides of the fence. Since European clubs aren’t bothering how do they finish the cup?

They should finish leagues off on the PlayStation! Best from each team battle it out, no throwing the control through the window if you lose and if you can’t sort it on fifa maybe streetfighter2. Ryu vs Ken aaaaaaaaaarrh duuuuuuuuken!!

Nope, Blackburn Rovers. Get to see it from both sides of the fence. Since European clubs aren’t bothering how do they finish the cup?

the leagues have jacked in on their own accord,Uefa are still insisting the champions league will be completed even if it’s in September I read, it’s the biggest tournament and generates the most money.

I have just read that G Nev thinks we should take the PL abroad to somewhere there is no Coronavirus. Not sure if he's heard, but this is a GLOBAL pandemic, that means the whole world are affected. I'm not sure places that haven't had it (probably because nobody f**k**g goes there) or have got rid of it would want people coming in from abroad. Also, what would stop their population ignoring their own social distancing rules and the disease spreading again? It's all such a reach for something that isn't really that f**k**g important.
B13331CE-1321-427F-AF9F-85A0BDD226A0.png