concrete panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i know that but does she want it insulated?? It would be a much cheaper option and quicker to do. if she wants it insulated then she could lay celotex on the inside fix with battons at 400mm and board then skim.

but coz its concrete panels she knows shes buying a property that aint mortgagable and its in a really nice spot so by doing the insulation system it makes it mortgagable which is a bonus

was it the insulation thats the issue, I dont think it is, I think its the fact that its a concrete house made with re bar and concrete and they suffer from concrete cancer and only have a certain life span.

I know of a few people who had similar problems in plymouth with houses like that naz

this is the way forward for render systems the goverment want it this could mean alot of work on older properties you can do mono or brick slips to suit surrounding buildings

the houses in plymouth they were underpinning and building a new skin of block around the entire building then render as normal

there's a section in the weber catalogue which covers the localised repair and then an ewi system for the upgrading of post war prefabs for local authority/private mortgages

grand wizard said:
get the rep out

speak to the mortgage company first to find out their issues, without doin this if she ever wants to sell she'll have a right mare.

You can bet your ass she bought this property for next to f**k all cause no one could mortgage it.

better still .... knock it down and build a nice house

hi, i think you'll find just re-rendering etc will fall foul of current building regulations reference sound and thermal regulations. BUILDING REGS STATES THAT IF DOING REMEDIAL WORK TO MORE THAN 25% OF THE AREA IT HAS TO BE UPGRADED TO MODERN REGULATIONS. Normally not mortgagable unless they put a outer brick or stone skin with insulated cavity.

did a few of these about 3years ago,outer brick skin and dot and dab internal,just as aj said had to be done this way for mortgage and local council spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.