Collated screwgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pros and cons to batteries Tony. Initial cost is one thing, never needing to buy new batteries another and you know how much they cost. Good for small areas but for a small team working tog​ether screwing all day needs a lot of batteries and chargers. We're efficient and save time anywhere we can, not with one big thing but an accumulation of things. Carrying and unplugging chargers and batteries all lumped together in buckets sometimes getting batteries mixed up with flat and full, setting them up again several times a day costs more than 3 minutes through the day and adds up over the week,month,year. Busy so don't get back to change a battery over or a flat gets loaded by mistake so have to swap while boards are being held up. Tried it, more trouble than lumping a transformer and leads. If i can knock half an hour off my day saving time in lots of small ways, who can argue with that.
Anyway bought a concept (corded) will give it a go.

Hilti have reduced the cost of their batteries considerably. A new 3.3ah 22v Lithium is only £65 + Vat. It has 4 lights on it to show the state of charge and doesn't need to be exhausted before recharge which takes 20 minutes. I am using 2009 year batteries that perform like my 2012 ones. I can fix all day and not use 3 batteries. Plus the new Hilti is 5000 rpm so more than powerful enough.
Drag a cord around all day? I'd rather take 2 bottles into the shower, and I have no hair.

Thanks for that info Tony. Appreciate you not getting arsy and explaining what you know. Thanks. I've seen the 22v lithium but was worried how long they'd last. I can see what you're saying. You do have a point. Think i'll look into giving one a go. The concept was no good for me, kept jamming, needed a lot of pressure, the depth setting although not bad kept getting knocked when changing strips and it seemed slow. Been using smd 57's but today had to replace worn one with an old smi 55 which seemed better.

I've only ever used the SMD 57 and never had a problem. You can buy spare parts for them if needed rather than have to sell a kidney to buy a new one on it's own. The Hilti collated attachment will take most makes of collated screw no problem. You should be able to borrow one off a Hilti rep to try out before buying. I don't get arsey mate, I just make silly comments.

Took the plunge and bought one of the hilti sd5000 a22 battery screwguns. It's quiet, not as powerful as their corded but not slow and doesn't make much difference, love it. Batteries last well and i'll be getting another. Transformer and leads are a thing of the past for me. Will keep them for backups. Thanks for the advice.

Took the plunge and bought one of the hilti sd5000 a22 battery screwguns. It's quiet, not as powerful as their corded but not slow and doesn't make much difference, love it. Batteries last well and i'll be getting another. Transformer and leads are a thing of the past for me. Will keep them for backups. Thanks for the advice.
£502 well spent.

we have a fox collated screw gun in stock, think it is the last one we have so may be able to do a special offer if anyone is interested? i believe it is 110v. give me a shout if you are interested at all

I have just checked and it is on special offer at £149.00, will get in put on the website so i can send a link if required.

Status
Not open for further replies.