Collated screwgun

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Can anyone recommend a good collated screw gun I wouldn't be using it all the time so I might go second hand also any idea of the costs of the screws compared to lose?
Cheers me dears

the senco gun isnt bad. tony said the hilti gun is good but itll be twice as expensive. last time i bought screws they were roughly 8-10quid a thou, depending how many boxes you buy

I prefer the Makita cordless, lightweight and a very high rpm. only downside is the heads need really looking after and cleaning regular.

Senco do a cordless one which is a lot more durable but has less rpm so needs a tesosterone fueled teenager behind it especially with the 50mm screws and the battereys dont last as long as the makita but a lot cheaper than the makita model.

Then theres the Hilti... very pricey but a solid bit of kit

All in all its each to their own and pereference

I use the senco been great had old model first the got newer one after six months. that was six years ago could do with some new batteres now but they will do for the moment

I prefer the Makita cordless, lightweight and a very high rpm. only downside is the heads need really looking after and cleaning regular.

Senco do a cordless one which is a lot more durable but has less rpm so needs a tesosterone fueled teenager behind it especially with the 50mm screws and the battereys dont last as long as the makita but a lot cheaper than the makita model.

All in all its each to their own and preference

Unquote

what a first class response, very knowledgeable and professional, must be the part of the country your from:RpS_wink:

Last edited:
we have a ryobi and a makita. The ryobi is shite compared to the makita. Makita has never let us down

Were getting our eye in now lol that's a beauty but 3 days it could rise a bit yet, Theresa 110 v with a hour and half to go that's on 41 quid I might go for it if it doesn't go mental ...

i rate the makita good bit of kit i used to have a cordless 18v and a 110v until some thieving git nicked em .
never tried the senco but i keep looking at em but not sure

All in all its each to their own and pereference

I have had my makita lxt 4 years now an it's cock on , just had to buy a new cassette though:-( 130 dump, here is another dave
Senco Duraspin Cordless (14.4v) Autofeed Screwdriver | eBay

I'm not coming up until tomorrow Paul but already I can't understand a ******* word you two are saying

Spunky!!!

If i was pimping i wouldnt be wasting my time hugging a trowel for a living!

Deffinately an idea though! downside is the wifes seen better days!

Also Spunkster ......... why on earth would you consider a 110v with leads tripping you up every 5 minutes???

Cheaper yes.... but not always better and like i said in the previous post you can get cordless guns with just as much rpm's nowadays

Ive never tried the Ryobi but currierplasterings quote says it all for me, cheers currier....

your welcome

The Ryobi feels more like a standard drill which they have had a after thought of making it take collated screws some how.

Makita was designed for its job if that makes sense

I made sure that the Makita lives in my van

That's slightly out of my league Tony lol thanks anyway mate think I'll stick to the ryobi chaps I had a word with myself last night I'm only going to use it a couple of times year

Very interesting to hear Hilti would hire you one for £17 per month, when i was working on the timber framed hotels our makitas took a right old battering with the 50mm screws!!! Makita drill bits arnt cheap either!

Very interesting to hear Hilti would hire you one for £17 per month, when i was working on the timber framed hotels our makitas took a right old battering with the 50mm screws!!! Makita drill bits arnt cheap either!

I'm sure there will be some clause where you have to buy a minimum amount of their screws per month

Ive got a 110 makita which is the dogs bollox just got rid of a cordless coz i never used it i used to have the senco 110 and the cordless and they jammed to much.

I'm sure there will be some clause where you have to buy a minimum amount of their screws per month

No catch mate. No deposit, and if it goes wrong, they collect it and send you another to use while they repair yours immediately. The good thing about the Hilti collated attachment is that it will take any make of screws no problem. If you buy one it's guaranteed for 2 yrs at least. I wouldn't give Makita house room. Had one and sent it back as it kept jamming.

No catch mate. No deposit, and if it goes wrong, they collect it and send you another to use while they repair yours immediately. The good thing about the Hilti collated attachment is that it will take any make of screws no problem. If you buy one it's guaranteed for 2 yrs at least. I wouldn't give Makita house room. Had one and sent it back as it kept jamming.

Cheers Tony, will bear it im mind for furure!

Status
Not open for further replies.