Click and collect

See because all you lot can’t follow the isolation rules we’ve been giving the staff in b and q are getting run of there feet. My wife who manages a store has had loads of abuse since this happened when they were closed for a few days then again when they opened up only selling limited stock. Queues at the door for paint, decking, power tools you name it. What people need to remember is that these staff have families at home that are just as worried as everyone else but it seems the population have turned to diy to pass the time while sitting about there homes. If I had my way it would be emergency goods only such as plumbing and electrical stuff.

867CAF46-B02E-49A1-8AA0-F47202299C68.png

See because all you lot can’t follow the isolation rules we’ve been giving the staff in b and q are getting run of there feet. My wife who manages a store has had loads of abuse since this happened when they were closed for a few days then again when they opened up only selling limited stock. Queues at the door for paint, decking, power tools you name it. What people need to remember is that these staff have families at home that are just as worried as everyone else but it seems the population have turned to diy to pass the time while sitting about there homes. If I had my way it would be emergency goods only such as plumbing and electrical stuff.
I agree should be plumbing tackle only and the like.
But Desperados arnt they, proffesional spreads trailing around diy sheds for bags of skim to plaster Mrs Jones ceiling in a time like this.

100% agree...

Theres 2 issues here imo.

1) The company itself should be setting there own policy to ensure not selling non essential stock.

2) Joe public need to stop being selfish bastards thinking there poxy DIY is important.

I said this on a thread yesterday after I had 3 enquiries from people that seem to think rendering there poxy houses is more important than keeping safe.

I dont mind people trying to service work that's prior the virus but people now currently phoning during lockdown need to give there heads a wobble!

100% agree...

1) The company itself should be setting there own policy to ensure not selling non essential stock.

2) Joe public need to stop being selfish bastards thinking there poxy DIY is important.

I said this on a thread yesterday after I had 3 enquiries from people that seem to think rendering there poxy houses is more important than keeping safe.

I dont mind people trying to service work that's prior the virus but people now currently phoning during lockdown need to give there heads a wobble!

No 2 is no better or worse than spreads running around doing non essential works.

No 2 is no better or worse than spreads running around doing non essential works.

At least there trying to earn money though there will be some households that are broke that cant last a month without money to feed there kids never mind 3 before money is back dated!

100% agree...

It is the government that need to step in and stop it, when my wife saw boris give that speech on the Monday saying we were going into lockdown she honestly thought that was the store getting closed, few hours later she’s told diy stores are classed as essential and to remain open. The first week it was essential stuff only and then they started opening it up to everything else. This is joke of a lockdown tbh, should have been a lot stricter.

Well if anyone is interested I got an email this evening saying my order is ready. They’re shut now, so it’ll be tomorrow, 4 days. Honestly, it’s not worth the hassle. Like Stuart says it should be essential only. It’s only that I had people telling me they were getting stuff and it was easy. If there are people that need essential products and have to wait 4 days then something isn’t working.

Well if anyone is interested I got an email this evening saying my order is ready. They’re shut now, so it’ll be tomorrow, 4 days. Honestly, it’s not worth the hassle. Like Stuart says it should be essential only. It’s only that I had people telling me they were getting stuff and it was easy. If there are people that need essential products and have to wait 4 days then something isn’t working.
Really couldn't be arsed with that carry on:endesacuerdo:
f**k that.

Zombie is right about money is tight, bought something off eBay that usually goes for £100-£130
Bloke had it on for £75 then after I had watched it for couple of days I got an email offering it for £65
I offered £50 waiting for counter offer but he accepted!
was delivered today, so shows there will be a lot of bartering haggling to come!
Was a blow up doll (kinky Kirsty) by the way! :)

Zombie is right about money is tight, bought something off eBay that usually goes for £100-£130
Bloke had it on for £75 then after I had watched it for couple of days I got an email offering it for £65
was delivered today, so shows there will be a lot of bartering haggling to come!
I’d like to think it was new and not a used item

Pre-owned I assume?

At least there trying to earn money though there will be some households that are broke that cant last a month without money to feed there kids never mind 3 before money is back dated!
There's more at stake during this lockdown than money mate. Some people will be buying DIY gear to keep themselves busy, to try and keep their heads together.
Wickes and B&Q are DIY stores, I see no reason that tradesmen should get any preference. If it were Jewsons, Travis or Selco then I could sort of agree, these are primarily trade outlets.

My son has a dilapidated old shed at the bottom of the garden which he's planning on renovating.
He worked out what gear he needs delivered and placed his order with Wickes and was given his estimated delivery date. It's in three weeks time hahaha.

My son has a dilapidated old shed at the bottom of the garden which he's planning on renovating.
He worked out what gear he needs delivered and placed his order with Wickes and was given his estimated delivery date. It's in three weeks time hahaha.
Tell him to find an independent timber merchant. Still plenty open

There's more at stake during this lockdown than money mate. Some people will be buying DIY gear to keep themselves busy, to try and keep their heads together.
Wickes and B&Q are DIY stores, I see no reason that tradesmen should get any preference. If it were Jewsons, Travis or Selco then I could sort of agree, these are primarily trade outlets.

My point being that there diy journeys in to the stores and all the associated risks to the nhs are not needed.

As it goes I also dont think that any sites and trades should be working either for that matter.

But what I was trying to say is you will have paye people paid off and busying themselves almost on a bit of a jolly at home using there time to tart up there homes, where at least any trades using the stores are just trying to cover there wages.