Cheshire

Members online

Deedums

Hi,
Any renderer's here from Cheshire area? Looking to get my house done and have received 2 quotes. One is from a company in Liverpool. One is local. Liverpool one quoted 14k and local one quoted over 18k. House is about 165m2. The local one was very vague when asked questions and he didn't even tell me the process of how the work would be done. The liverpool one was very detailed in explaining the process, however I was wondering if maybe the quote is a bit low for the Liverpool one. He sent me addresses he has done work on but how do I know if his work is good? His company is registered. It all seems a bit overwhelming as it is a lot of money and I want someone who knows what they are doing.

Hi,
Any renderer's here from Cheshire area? Looking to get my house done and have received 2 quotes. One is from a company in Liverpool. One is local. Liverpool one quoted 14k and local one quoted over 18k. House is about 165m2. The local one was very vague when asked questions and he didn't even tell me the process of how the work would be done. The liverpool one was very detailed in explaining the process, however I was wondering if maybe the quote is a bit low for the Liverpool one. He sent me addresses he has done work on but how do I know if his work is good? His company is registered. It all seems a bit overwhelming as it is a lot of money and I want someone who knows what they are doing.
Roughly going in at £90 a metre which is right can you have a drive past any of his jobs an take a look is it mono colour?what's the spec he give you

Hi SA plastering, it would be champagne colour. He spoke of putting a base coat and a mesh and then another coat-is this what you mean about spec?
Is the mesh put all around the house or only where it is needed as again, I have heard 2 different opinions about this?

Hi,
See if he has a website with any Google reviews or past jobs he has done if there is any rendering ones with the address it wouldn’t hurt to knock on the door and speak to a previous customer and look at the job and ask questions

If it's towards the Altrincham side of Cheshire we cover that area, we can use either mono or thin coat systems and machine apply. Happy to give recent clients numbers and addresses too to check the work. Fully booked until around April/may though

Sorry, I didn't realise, the more you post the better at your job you are.......

Do you fancy doing the job? Be a nice drive from Essex wouldn't it!

Sesame Street Popcorn GIF by Muppet Wiki