Check a trade

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy

Hi,has anyone advertised on check a trade?? Dose it work wot do you think about it,ive done yellow pages and thomson local and i dont think there any good no more
all advice welcome

Is that the ones that want like £500 to join.....I told them to get F****d..........Better off spending your money and getting danny who owns this site to do you a website......Can't go wrong!

yeah they got 2 adds one at £500 and the other is best part £1000 only thing iam thinking are people going to be useing a new plasterer with 0% feed back or a plasterer with 100% feed back,so think we all know the answer!!

yeah they got 2 adds one at £500 and the other is best part £1000 only thing iam thinking are people going to be useing a new plasterer with 0% feed back or a plasterer with 100% feed back,so think we all know the answer!!

Like whats been said save your money and get a website there are too many of these type of sites and it sounds like a lot of money. Whether youve got 100% feed back off your mates it doesnt mean shite most of the people who window shop on them sites usually want the cheapest, it might work for some people but why is one add £500 and one £1000?

Yep +1 for a website, i tried yell, some shyte called bt customer street, and a few ads in the local rags etc and i must have got about two jobs from the whole experience. Website has been live since january this year and have won more than 20 jobs from it! Cant go wrong mate, save yer £500 and get a site up and running

Like whats been said save your money and get a website there are too many of these type of sites and it sounds like a lot of money. Whether youve got 100% feed back off your mates it doesnt mean shite most of the people who window shop on them sites usually want the cheapest, it might work for some people but why is one add £500 and one £1000?
hi with the £500 add you just go on there web site!with the £1000 add you get there web site and they put your add in leafets that they send out every month,but its to much money if it dont work,and thanks lads for your views

hi with the £500 add you just go on there web site!with the £1000 add you get there web site and they put your add in leafets that they send out every month,but its to much money if it dont work,and thanks lads for your views

LOL so they charge you £500 to go on their website when you could get your own for less and then they charge you an extra £500 for leaflets they send out WOW im in the wrong job if you want a website and leaflets sending out i can do you a great deal for £600 :)

i was with them from 2006 down in Brighton, i got all of my work from them and recommendation, cant recommend it highly enough. I was also in the little flyer that went out sponsored by tesco, that was the best thing to be in, there was only 3 plasterers in there to 60,000 homes and RING RING RING RING RING. i left the uk 2009 or would still be with them

I paid around £88 a month but was getting 5 days work a week every week from them and rec's, generally booked up a good month in advance.

Its got pretty big now so alot more people on there but its easy to get yor number up and good rating and then your laughing.

What area you in, i believe its only in the south east still or has it spread now?

Last edited:
Just looked round my way and there isnt any plasterers, that tells me nobody is using it round my way. It might work for some but in areas with a lot of spreads in its the cheapest whos gonna get it.

Im on there, by far the best and and best value for money advertising there is, total waste of time having your own website when you have your checkatrade one with all recent customer feedback etc/

I often win jobs due to being on there and also am sometimes the only person quoting for jobs due to the customers trust in the system, it does work, and although most people on here won't believe it, its NOTHING like myhammer and rated people, its simply an advertising company that helps both you and the customers, and for £45 a month, its hardly expensive!

http://www.checkatrade.com/AdamHowesPlastering/

Last edited:
How can you say its a total waste of time having your own website when plenty of lads on here have them and do very well of them, fair enough it works for you but only if someone is aware of check a trade and i wasnt until this thread started so i cant see many other people being aware of it.

Having your own site when you have checkatrade IS a total waste of time, having your own site when you dont is a very good idea though.

And you havnt heard of it, like people above have said its generally a south eastern advertising company, round here a lot of vans are stickered up with their logo.

Just annoys me when people jump on the slating band wagon just because they dont know about something, theres a lot of s**t companys out there to rip people off, we all know that, but not ALL are bad and checkatrade is one of the good ones, fact, whether people want to believe it or not!

Last edited:
The paranoia comes from alot of s**t advertising companies that advertise s**t plasterers

Having your own site when you have checkatrade IS a total waste of time, having your own site when you dont is a very good idea though.

And you havnt heard of it, like people above have said its generally a south eastern advertising company, round here a lot of vans are stickered up with their logo.

Just annoys me when people jump on the slating band wagon just because they dont know about something, theres a lot of s**t companys out there to rip people off, we all know that, but not ALL are bad and checkatrade is one of the good ones, fact, whether people want to believe it or not!
To true mate,i'm a member myself and get plenty of work,but at the moment its def a southern thing and you said about the band wagon thing yea these s**t companys trying to copy the genuine CAT !

The trick is to show a intrest,my mate had the had the guy come out and try and sell the package, got the whole thing down to £52 a month for the whole package.
Doing really well from it, and he lives in Gatshead, so not just a southern thing.Once you get good feed back you can hike your prices up, cos of your good feed back.

I have looked into them... I think I know where the owners lives :) will be my neighbour soon :)

I will be interested to see how long they are a bout for and if they work.... maybe saturation is what screws companies up... being elite is good :)

They have been around since 1998 I think Danny, so a well established company! not sure why they aren't nationwide though! maybe there's too many monkeys up north for them to bother ;)

They sprung up afther the Hurricane in Selsey Bill, and the wankers ripped all the old folks off, hence they are mostly a southern based company.One of the only companys that vet advertisers.

And whats up with us up north freerider, did you not know all the decent spreads are from up north LOL.

Thats only because you monkeys have to do twice as much work as us for half the price, therefore are twice as experienced :p

Thanks for the new Thread Danny,
very generous comments and you're right, anyone is welcome to visit us and see for themselves what we do and why.
Thanks again,
Kevin

You're right, most of our members are in the South but our membership is spreading, and if you fully understand what we are and use our scheme the way we suggest, it will work anywhere.

Kevin - Founder of Checkatrade

Status
Not open for further replies.