Cement strength

Members online

solway

Hi all. Here in Ireland for as many years as I can remember it was always irish cement that was used for plastering/blocklaying etc. Irish cement has 32.5 Newton strength. There's a load of new cement producers (mannok,o briens etc) appearing in building providers and offering their cement at a cheaper rate. Their cement is all 42.5 Newton.
Just wondering over in the UK what strength cement do ye normally use and what ratio of sand to cement is used if at 42.5 Newton (scratch,top coat)

Cement is on the way out. it is in very short supply in UK. To produce cement it is to harmful to the environment, they are now trailing substitute material.

Hi all. Here in Ireland for as many years as I can remember it was always irish cement that was used for plastering/blocklaying etc. Irish cement has 32.5 Newton strength. There's a load of new cement producers (mannok,o briens etc) appearing in building providers and offering their cement at a cheaper rate. Their cement is all 42.5 Newton.
Just wondering over in the UK what strength cement do ye normally use and what ratio of sand to cement is used if at 42.5 Newton (scratch,top coat)
@theclemo is the man to ask for prebagged render in Ireland

Most of UK cement has been gobbled up by HS2.
We had 29 bags delivered today and it was all O Brian's. Quins gone bump I think.
Cement shortage on the way guys.
Another big shortage on way next month, I will give you heads up when I am fully stocked.

What are u looking to do with the cement. In Ireland its a 7 Newton blocks used 95% of the time. Irish cement is very very well made. Far better than 99% of the other s**t I've used.

Ya 32.5N scratch 4-1 and top at 4.5 or 5 -1
What ratios do the people who use 42.5N use.
We used 52.5N white cement a couple of years ago and mixed it at 7-1 top coat and still thought it was a bit too strong.....