Catnic scrim

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

Any lads tried this( orange stuff) Wack gave me12 rolls, used 6 yesterday and today but every roll was great until I get half way through, then the roll has so much glue on it you can't unwrap it. Also keeps threading on sides. Not impressed with it at all

Used a few boxes now and it's been spot on. No un threading.

There is a little bit of extra glue on the last bit of roll but no issues.

Best scrim we have had for ages

Have been using catnic scrim for a couple of months. I had one roll a couple of weeks ago that was a bit twisted and I posted a picture of it on twitter. Catnic picked up on it and sent me out a few rolls in the post.

Any lads tried this( orange stuff) Wack gave me12 rolls, used 6 yesterday and today but every roll was great until I get half way through, then the roll has so much glue on it you can't unwrap it. Also keeps threading on sides. Not impressed with it at all

Wack do the euro scrim which is mustard. it doesnt fray and its canny sticky

Yes same as you Bones it frayed half way through but was sticky and thicker than what I usually use. Will give it another go though after what curry has said.

I picked up a roll the other week, and so far it's been shite.. Threading one side, some bits not sticky, but better than euro scrim so far.

Must have been lucky so far then. Shame as we just need a decent scrim that doesn't fray and sticks!

Sounds so simple

Wack do the euro scrim which is mustard. it doesnt fray and its canny sticky
Yea that's the scrim they norm send me, but as this "amazing offer" they said contained loads off CATNIC stuff tought I'd give it a try, I bought a roll this morn from local merchants and it was spot on, unlike every roll I got from WACK,

Yea that's the scrim they norm send me, but as this "amazing offer" they said contained loads off CATNIC stuff tought I'd give it a try, I bought a roll this morn from local merchants and it was spot on, unlike every roll I got from WACK,

Lol

Wack always nagging me to buy their gear so gave em an order few weeks back said half stuff urgently needed be with us next day fri the rest following tues. week later nowt turned up so rang playing fek told will look into it n ring back I've not heard from them for over a week now !
Couple days later some of the gear appeared out back of job defo not there before we got there delivery guy must have waited till we were out of the way and sneaked it past us and dumped it n ran not got us signing for it either. Had bill in post for the drop but no sign of the rest of order, **** service but no nagging calls for a while since which is nice :RpS_sneaky:

If its not been signed for don't pay for it. Wack dropped 4 boxes of beads 24 rolls of scrim 4000 screws anf 8 pva at my house once. No one in. Didn't get a signature. Luckily next door neighbour saw it and took it in. If they did it again id phone up asking where it was

I brought a box of catnic scrim from r&j , Its pretty good stuff at times.But i have had it fray on one side like others. Thats not been too much of a problem whist in my tape gun. My main issue so far is get through half a roll then get the serious amounts of glue that seem to be massive lumps of nothing but horrible tacky crap that you have to take your time in pulling it off the roll. Good tape but a few problems that i hope they resolve

I brought a box of catnic scrim from r&j , Its pretty good stuff at times.But i have had it fray on one side like others. Thats not been too much of a problem whist in my tape gun. My main issue so far is get through half a roll then get the serious amounts of glue that seem to be massive lumps of nothing but horrible tacky crap that you have to take your time in pulling it off the roll. Good tape but a few problems that i hope they resolve

Give them (catnic) a bell they will be happy to have your input on their product.
I had a roll that was all twisted, and they sent me a few rolls in the post and noted what my complaint was.

hi mate what tape gun do you use?

I used some of the catnic tape on Monday and plastered the house yesterday and today and we will be changing all our guys over to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.