Carlite finish

Members online

No members online now.
Morning as we are all aware Multi finish is like dinosaur poo unless you want to pay £40 a pop . Just asking out there if anyone has used carlite finish & what is it like to work with compared to multi finish ? I’ve been offered some carlite finish next week from a merchants as he reckons it’ll be 5/6 weeks before they get any multi in . Thx

You have got to be quicker with it, but once flat don’t be afraid to let it go a bit later before you put a wet trowel on it. It’s nice stuff though.

Think he mentioned £25 a bag will ring tomorrow just to confirm, seen it at £10 a bag online but not sure if I can get it local to me .

Drywalltoolsdirect.co.uk are selling it for £11a bag with VAT free delivery over £100 so might give them
a try . Little bit nervous of using a new product to be honest as might be safer on plasterboard to start with as at least I’ll know the suction on board say compare to an old lime wall with 2 costs of PVA

IMG_20200610_140510.jpg

Getting two deliveries a week, flies off the shelf though

Drywalltoolsdirect.co.uk are selling it for £11a bag with VAT free delivery over £100 so might give them
a try . Little bit nervous of using a new product to be honest as might be safer on plasterboard to start with as at least I’ll know the suction on board say compare to an old lime wall with 2 costs of PVA
No problems used it on a old painted ceiling last week which I’d pva once aswell the previous week £11 dry wall direct best place to buy bear in mind the carriage fee

If you order early enough it’s next day. I ordered a pallet last Thursday at 11am and it was at my house 10.30 the next day. I ordered this pallet 10.30pm Monday and came today
Do they let you know which day it will be delivered buddy?

Last edited:
You have got to be quicker with it, but once flat don’t be afraid to let it go a bit later before you put a wet trowel on it. It’s nice stuff though.
You must have been using ultra, the normal carlite is much slower .
you could have a three course lunch and still stay on top.

You must have been using ultra, the normal carlite is much slower .
you could have a three course lunch and still stay on top.
I was, I bought 10 ultra and 20 carlite first time round. I used the regular today though on a reskim and it felt the same. It was on febond grit

I used the carlite ultra yesterday for first time on both board and ovesrskim and tbh first coat hung around alot longer than I thought but second coat pulled that bit quicker but wasnt racing after the stuff.It was only 30m2 set but lovely to use and better than multi I think.Just wish it was same price as multi lol

You still have to pay for a palette or half palette delivery which is just over fifty quid so don’t believe the free delivery bit I think that’s just for tools eltc with delivery for twenty bags it worked out at just under three hundred quid, I haven’t used it yet my son has he likes it mainly because it’s grey I think he has only ever used pink top coat and doesn’t like the faggy connotations it has