Can you ID these trowels ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

User________removed

Private Member
Can really find a section for this thread as i dont really know what theyre used for !!!!

Been given these trowles today can any one ID their purpose :confused: They have all been made specifically for a certain type of work, im guessing they are for rendering of some description, as they are a bit robust for plastering, also one of the smaller tools looks like its used for cutting ashlar detail ! Could the rest be used for concrete work or maybe swiming pools, who knows.

I probably wont get to use most of them but you never know, Any ideas ??????

View attachment 1216

Look like old coving trowels mate.
Also can be used for the old sand & cement coved skirtings.
I guess they could also be used for concrete work.

Cheers mate learn something new every day. The face of them is in pretty good nick, but the back side is covered in a sort of red oxide paint, but not paint if that makes sence. looks like a build up of coloured mortar.

Im sure there will be one of those jobs one day where theyl do just the job.

These are my latest tools for brick effect and rustic beams
IMAG0422.jpg

Didn't all plasterers make their own tools in old 'un days paul, you know, when your were a lad?

thay are for granite work mate,the one on the stone would be used for fluting collums or groves in stair work
images

Last edited:
Yeah i know them as step trowels for concrete looks like one of them is a groover only used for concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.