Building Paper

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy2

Got a job coming up rendering a house, a small portion of which requires rendering over exterior ply, about 2m of it, question is I don't need a full roll of building paper what else could I economicaly use under the EML?

I thought about using breathable felt, got some of that in the shed, didn't know if that would be an option. Nice one guys, thanks.

Don't paper and wire straight onto the ply, use battens on the ply first much less likely to crack.

Thanks for the info, some muppet has used bit of mdf or hard board over a window, soffit and face up to roof line, of a flat roof single extension, I'm going to rip it off and remake with exterior ply etc, it's getting s&c and tyroleaned, its at most 2m x 0.5m.

I was gonna suggest a different render system altogether but i dont think it would be cost effective for a job of that size. deffo rip off tho if they have used MDF that wont last 5mins outside

If it was a bigger job what would've been a better bet, be good for future ref mate! Mdf is shagged couldn't believe someone would use it out doors! But keeps us in work! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.