Builders

A lady I know has had a bad run of shoddy builders and each time she tries a different approach and she is now on her 4th set of builders and finally they are doing what they have been asked and to a standard that is great....

All the builders before have been recommended and have a "good" reputation where we live, but seeing the work they left is terrible...

The new builders are not from the UK but they are working long hours to put right the previous builders work right and they are not cheap but good value...

Its getting increasingly harder to find people that can actually do what you pay them to do but seems that a good reputation keeps the now lazy/bad builders enough work and they dont seem to lose that good reputation...

A lady I know has had a bad run of shoddy builders and each time she tries a different approach and she is now on her 4th set of builders and finally they are doing what they have been asked and to a standard that is great....

All the builders before have been recommended and have a "good" reputation where we live, but seeing the work they left is terrible...

The new builders are not from the UK but they are working long hours to put right the previous builders work right and they are not cheap but good value...

Its getting increasingly harder to find people that can actually do what you pay them to do but seems that a good reputation keeps the now lazy/bad builders enough work and they dont seem to lose that good reputation...
agree some of these issues be brought to court

Bloody English builders

Bodgit&Scarper ...............Always been the same Danny. As long as there isnt some licensed system like there is for sparks and gas it will always go on.

It used to go on in those trades as well back in the day.

Last edited:

/rant

f**k all wrong with me pal
Your following me about this forum like a madman lol I’ve had the piss ripped out my for years on here for being Scottish and I like to give it back when I can, don’t be taking it to heart petal x

Just read this back, racist comments hahahahaha hobo you need to lay off the drink at night, it’s no good for you

Your following me about this forum like a madman lol I’ve had the piss ripped out my for years on here for being Scottish and I like to give it back when I can, don’t be taking it to heart petal x

I love it when people do that....when @gps was following me about writing 'beast' under everything I posted until he finally exploded. That was a good day's work for me.

If a friend asks for a builder and bear in mind most my works for em. I tell em to put time in and get all trades there sens. Though some people just can't be assed with this.
One we work for his son runs most of it and he can't run a f**k**g bath. Must put stupid prices in as if we priced em our send it would be half what we get of them. Notes every ready. Some walls done twice as first fix not done or in wrong place. (Stud walls before any clever t**t says owt)
He used to take piss out of lad so I told lad to ask him what his trade is in front of customer . Doesn't take piss now lol

063b02bc-fe21-4fe4-abb7-edafa010dc7a.jpg

Majority of builders in this boom are chancers riding the money wave there’s more bad general builders then good ones round my way at the mo

Majority of builders in this boom are chancers riding the money wave there’s more bad general builders then good ones round my way at the mo
Same around here think I know 3 at the most the rest are all just YouTube training, tbf it’s not even funny even though it kind of is ,
Question is how does someone know the difference when employing one nowadays, the sad part is all the money wasted by customers , god knows how it will get any better

Same around here think I know 3 at the most the rest are all just YouTube training, tbf it’s not even funny even though it kind of is ,
Question is how does someone know the difference when employing one nowadays, the sad part is all the money wasted by customers , god knows how it will get any better

You just ask to speak to his last 3 customers.

We were on a big house a few year ago and the builder made 6grand profit on the scaffold just going up lol

Bodgit&Scarper ...............Always been the same Danny. As long as there isnt some licensed system like there is for sparks and gas it will always go on.

It used to go on in those trades as well back in the day.
This sparky cannnt or diyer stuck this switch in bathroom fir shower at rented property
5AA9E365-B5AC-46CA-B0BB-42B7146DFC17.jpeg

U can see it’s a double cooker switch over a single box wtf wasnt even screwed back and the live wire was hanging out n that’s y my lads shower wasn’t working

Its a shame really as the good ones have to compete with the s**t ones and then it comes down to price... its bad news for everybody