Broken Trowel!!!!!! :(

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with gypson plaster??? what does this mean? do i use my 18 on board finish and multi?? yea course i do... dont be a doubter go buy one and within a month youll be throwing well more gear on per gaige, i throw 3 bags a gaige on mostly on wet angles and dont even break a sweat anymore, mix the 3 bag and lay down with the same stuff, dont even use a spot board just straight out of bucket
do u just use the 18 for putting on? i always found you cant get enough pressure on for a hard trowel.

Can you believe this.

Fell off my hop up the other day doing 3m high ceiling (had my tools box on my hop up, IDIOT!!!) an absolutely shattered my trowel to peices a big 18"x 4 an half inch that ive had for nearly ten years. Was soooo close to crying!!!! anyway ordered two more off ebay they came today, one the same as my old one and one 16"x4" spring steel, Ive had spring steel before and they take a bit of looking after, but they dont half get sharp an leave a good finish, only problem is, they are blunt as butter knives lol ill be in back garden on concrete flags tomoro.
Anyway just thought id let you know that.
Im new to the site so hello all!!!
3Bag ,,i think the words bugger ,, ya trowels mean more to ya than ya missis ,, but must admit i,ve only ever used stainless ,, got 4 in me bag at moment ,, and that includes a little 10 x 4 i got of e-bay for about £9 about 9/10 months ago ,, i thought it,d do for refurb for nooks and crannies using bonding but now it skims lovely ,, so goes to show theres no need to fork out £30 or so ,, and i,m going to get another ,, ya never know brother ,, :RpS_thumbup:

it's G** racism. I knows you just wanna black man in yer gang spunks

[video=youtube_share;diVbqbAqtP4]http://youtu.be/diVbqbAqtP4[/video]

No i do my whole gaige with it, put on, lay down, flatten, wet trowel, cross. i used to wet trowel with a little 16 x 4 that i had, it was best trowel ive ever used but van got robbed with that inside it, was gutted!! that got walls beautiful. ive got a mate that uses a 20incher which i think is too much, feels like your swinging a sword around lol but an 18 is perfect once youve got used to it, also really good for flattening your walls sideways, just walk along your walls rather than bending down up an down ect... if that makes sence, basically cross your whole gaige, just be careful on joints for dipping in, makes skimming effortless

Been usin 16x4 fot skimmin for 15 years and wont use another. pity they dont do stainless though they rust like fook if you dont look after em

I loved my 16x4 but wouldnt wanna put on with it i always find if you mix gear even slightly wetter than normal it comes over back of trowel and hits you in face lol but reallly good for flattening

andy trumps you all, he uses an 8" midget trowel

You mean me Steve? If so I've used trowels from 11-20in and just about every size in between and always end up back with the 11in. I honestly didn't find the bigger trowels any quicker overall otherwise I would have stuck with them.
Actually I'm lying my current trowel is 11 1/2inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.