Broken Trowel!!!!!! :(

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Bagsagaiger

Can you believe this.

Fell off my hop up the other day doing 3m high ceiling (had my tools box on my hop up, IDIOT!!!) an absolutely shattered my trowel to peices a big 18"x 4 an half inch that ive had for nearly ten years. Was soooo close to crying!!!! anyway ordered two more off ebay they came today, one the same as my old one and one 16"x4" spring steel, Ive had spring steel before and they take a bit of looking after, but they dont half get sharp an leave a good finish, only problem is, they are blunt as butter knives lol ill be in back garden on concrete flags tomoro.
Anyway just thought id let you know that.
Im new to the site so hello all!!!

concrete flags are they not bumpy, you should a just ordered a pre worn one just the same price, refina sellin mt trowels for 35 any size and pre worn

Yea but pre worn would still leave a s**t finish as its well blunt, and bod i used to swear by spring steel trowel but some f**k*r nicked my van and when i went to shop they only had stainless looking forward to gettin em broken in

i got a carbon steel marshalltown with a wooden handle i only use for dotting now its just a pain in the ass cleaning the rust off!! if i leave it in my bucket its rusty again the next day iv tried lard'ing them up but it dont work.

i wouldnt swap my two stainless now, the pre worn dont take long to break in really like i say do a few weeks rendering and they will be like a stanley blade.

its always a good idea to have two finishing trowels on the go.

flags???:RpS_scared:
Ive a lump of sand stone i keep in the van for when the trowel gets a nick in it

Yea ive got a spare one its only a 14incher tho so feel like im goin backwards when skimmin my 18 gets me over a ceiling in no time, really easy to maintain, get an old towel douse it in wd40 and get your trowels their own tool box so everynight spray it with a little coat and wrap it in old towel doused in wd40, good as new every mornin worse case senario little bit of wire wool to just take top off a few ryst heads, id never leave it in water

i got a carbon steel marshalltown with a wooden handle i only use for dotting now its just a pain in the ass cleaning the rust off!! if i leave it in my bucket its rusty again the next day iv tried lard'ing them up but it dont work.

i wouldnt swap my two stainless now, the pre worn dont take long to break in really like i say do a few weeks rendering and they will be like a stanley blade.

its always a good idea to have two finishing trowels on the go.
clean the rust off then apply wd40 it will go black and never rust again stainless are inferior in my opinion

clean the rust off then apply wd40 it will go black and never rust again stainless are inferior in my opinion

cheers for that mate il give it a go.................its always good to have decent trowel you dont give a s**t about though.

Yea ive got a spare one its only a 14incher tho so feel like im goin backwards when skimmin my 18 gets me over a ceiling in no time, really easy to maintain, get an old towel douse it in wd40 and get your trowels their own tool box so everynight spray it with a little coat and wrap it in old towel doused in wd40, good as new every mornin worse case senario little bit of wire wool to just take top off a few ryst heads, id never leave it in water
sounds like too much ******* about to be honest at the end of the day i like to just throw all my s**t in my skimming bucket and thats that.

to be fair the 14 im using now ive been using for dabbin for last few years, its funny how much you dont value your tools till somet like this happens then i was cleaning all dabbing off little 14incher telling her shes bin promoted again haha until my new 18's broken in then she'll be back in dabbing bucket lol

Even with gypson plaster??? what does this mean? do i use my 18 on board finish and multi?? yea course i do... dont be a doubter go buy one and within a month youll be throwing well more gear on per gaige, i throw 3 bags a gaige on mostly on wet angles and dont even break a sweat anymore, mix the 3 bag and lay down with the same stuff, dont even use a spot board just straight out of bucket

Even with gypson plaster??? what does this mean? do i use my 18 on board finish and multi?? yea course i do... dont be a doubter go buy one and within a month youll be throwing well more gear on per gaige, i throw 3 bags a gaige on mostly on wet angles and dont even break a sweat anymore, mix the 3 bag and lay down with the same stuff, dont even use a spot board just straight out of bucket
tbh mate you sound like every other spread out there that say there great and are actually s**t and been doing it for 6 months so take you're 18 inch trowel and stick it up you're bottom sideways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.