British gypsum sort it out ffs

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha we've had black grit in our for last couple years used to blame young lad wen he was here saying he wasn't cleaning out properly,realised it wasn't him wen he left and we were still getting them..thought It was our mixer or buckets..nitemare them bits aswell wen ur running speedskim thru it

I haven't had any bits in mine but it's been like troweling up chewing gum for a couple of weeks.

Oh yes you guessed it.
image.jpeg

The last time I seen a post from them it was a picture of bags of plaster.wtf.
It was about time their pr Rep came on a regular basis.
Last year at that q.a . He said more products we're in pipeline, well give us some info.
If this is the largest plasterers forum in uk,why do bg treat us like idiots.
I simply wish their was more competition in the plaster products industry here.agree multi has been rank for a while now.

every bag of this shit has little bits of grit in

board finish is ok

Reminds me of a job a didn't do properly years ago. Was young, c**t of a hangover and not much experience behind me. Had a living room walls to plaster. Was s**t but before the clients came home, I got lots of set plaster, mixed it through the 2 bags left over and blamed them for getting me sh1t stuff :inocente:. They couldn't apologize enough and the husband agreed with me that the builders yard are c**ts for selling it lol.

To be honest its just another day at work .....ive found something new check this out .
Woman doing tutorials on youtube of
Wait for it
Wait for it

Wait for it .......

WAXING !!!!
check it out ...so inocent but so fuucking horny !!!

I am not even going to put that in the search bar... I fell for something similar a while back... traumatised I was for months....

Just read through this and realise now it's not just me , been finding bits in multi for last couple weeks my mate thought it was coming off his hawk in his i thought maybe whisk or bucket so got new bucket cleaned whisk spotless and still getting them it's like all tools are spotless but the shits in the powder and I've used 3 diff merchants for gear so it's not storage by looks of it , the upside is not had a bag fall apart for a bit [emoji1]

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments you’ve been sending through. We’re aware of a few issues that have been reported to us directly and we’ve investigated these with the individual customers. We’re now looking into the root causes based on the information and samples you’ve sent us, and once the full investigation is wrapped up we’ll give you an update. In the meantime, if any of you have more details that might be helpful it would be good to be able to give you a call – if you’re happy to speak to the team please send a DM! Thanks

Hi guys, thanks for all the comments you’ve been sending through. We’re aware of a few issues that have been reported to us directly and we’ve investigated these with the individual customers. We’re now looking into the root causes based on the information and samples you’ve sent us, and once the full investigation is wrapped up we’ll give you an update. In the meantime, if any of you have more details that might be helpful it would be good to be able to give you a call – if you’re happy to speak to the team please send a DM! Thanks

Not a great help to me @BritishGypsum , I've had to put up with 160 bags of multi that's been shipped to the West Indies that has broken my heart. Ironically, quite a few local builders (and one WEALTHY Arab) have asked me about skimming out some high end properties as it only works out about £3 a bag to ship in a container from the uk. Told them I would only be interested if they shipped out Knauff, even though it's more expensive.

Do you want me to bring one of the dodgy bags back with me ? Or will your rep make a site visit ?

I'm gutted I suggested a British Gypsum product

British Gypsum . Have you in the last 30 years changed anything in the way that you manufacture finish.? When i started we only used board finish for low suction and carlite finish for high. Then multi was introduced and for me things started to go wrong with that . With multi always get the dreded tiger striping on boards so went back to bf which has always been good but a while ago started to go down hill as well being very much in feel and performance as multi. I am not a masive set site spread, but on the little domestic jobs i do i am always fighting to achive the high standard finish that i would like to leave . Always skimmed the way i was taught only now not so much water when troweling up as this can cause problems . Something has changed in the last 10 or so years and i am sure its not me. Your thoughts please.

British Gypsum . Have you in the last 30 years changed anything in the way that you manufacture finish.? When i started we only used board finish for low suction and carlite finish for high. Then multi was introduced and for me things started to go wrong with that . With multi always get the dreded tiger striping on boards so went back to bf which has always been good but a while ago started to go down hill as well being very much in feel and performance as multi. I am not a masive set site spread, but on the little domestic jobs i do i am always fighting to achive the high standard finish that i would like to leave . Always skimmed the way i was taught only now not so much water when troweling up as this can cause problems . Something has changed in the last 10 or so years and i am sure its not me. Your thoughts please.

Thanks for your comments. We introduced MultiFinish in the early 90s and Board Finish has been around for a little longer. We make it to the same recipe now as what we did when the plasters were first introduced to keep to the same specification. As this is a natural product, there will have been variations in the gypsum supply over the 30 years, but we always make it to the same spec and it’s manufactured in the same way. Hope that helps!

Thanks for your comments. We introduced MultiFinish in the early 90s and Board Finish has been around for a little longer. We make it to the same recipe now as what we did when the plasters were first introduced to keep to the same specification. As this is a natural product, there will have been variations in the gypsum supply over the 30 years, but we always make it to the same spec and it’s manufactured in the same way. Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.