British Gypsum Launches New and Improved Drywall Screws

Members online

British Gypsum has launched a new and improved range of drywall screws that are faster, sharper and easier to use. Designed specifically for applying plasterboard to timber or lightweight metal substrates, the screws provide everything needed to fix British Gypsum’s wall lining, partition, floor and ceiling systems – regardless of the size and complexity of a project.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/british-gypsum-launches-new-improved-drywall-screws/

collated-screws-1-1024x683.jpg
@Danny aren't you stepping on Vince toes promoting his products :-o

Depends what screwdriver. A wicks one us way fast than a scenic one but on oar with a Halford one. Not sure about B&Q. Maybe someone can do a review and a video

Surely the speed is to do with the gun, not the screw. They'd be slow as f**k if you used a hand screwdriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Plasterers1StopShop will disagree here for sure. It's what made his machine quicker. If you take the same gun and use two diferent screws - fine and coarse thread the latest will be much quicker.

It is improvement , but senco have better headtbh. Still some room for improvement for BG. Don't know what hapened with the new wafer head jack point screws. They were good for mf5, were space matters .
image.jpeg

Screws 1&3 look identical to me. Faster by a few hundredths of s second I expect. Worth the extra money, I doubt it!

I can't say how quick they are, but can tell you if you do 10 boards with the old screws, for instance , for the same amount of time you will do 13 . This is how I know they are faster. With longer and harder tip is easier on your body too and anything that helps me with that its worth the extra dosh.

Wow. The BG development team must have put some time into that revolutionary design.
More like catching up tbh. Other brands have them fr a wile now, but as the most accessible products this will definitely make a difference .

I can't say how quick they are, but can tell you if you do 10 boards with the old screws, for instance , for the same amount of time you will do 13 . This is how I know they are faster. With longer and harder tip is easier on your body too and anything that helps me with that its worth the extra dosh.
Sounds like you're on the BG payroll
A bit like Cassie & Refina

Your on the wind up here surely ?

Your on the wind up here surely ?
I will blame it on flynny ffs. He hooked me on this. Danny said BG has launched new screws and I was like wtf we are using them for months now. Then flynny - how do you know, then I promised I will enlighten him next day and all of a sudden I become BG employ and if that's not enough, plasterman thinks they pay me more than him for taking the trouble to compare the screws I am using at the moment and say what I think ! This place sometimes is a joke! :baaa:

Now I am on the wind up:rolleyes: