British Gypsum Launches Certified Plasterers Scheme

Members online

We only charge £150+ vat on day rate zolco..il add tho we do f**k all wen on day rate just the bare minimum..can earn that in 3 hours on price
I could not do that, I'd be bored after an hour doing bugger all, 130 still sounds cheap to me, no wonder that people come down south for better money

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lets no be kidded now, your average punter wanting a house skimmed will have no idea who British gypsum is

Maybe not but BG have started paying for adverts at the top of google showing 2yr guarantee. Checkatrade etc don't do that so gives potential customers a reason to try them. Its not a magic wand, nobody is going to become a plastering sensation off the back of it its just another avenue of work.

Not sure why people need to try and find a negative. Its free so whats to lose from trying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could not do that, I'd be bored after an hour doing bugger all, 130 still sounds cheap to me, no wonder that people come down south for better money

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Not really I wudnt go down south as I earn plenty up here..im on day rate about 2 weeks a year..very rare we do day work

Thought it was started with lads using Magnetic ??................I would do it but they done me over for smoothie of the month comp awhile back for some t**t who plastered a port hole..............looked more like a 50 pence piece, but im not bitter. Can you be in the gang if you use Knauf MP Finish??

It's ashame bg don't roll this out on site because I've seen some really good tradesmen getting paid s**t rates just because they don't know any better and if they were on a register and the good companies would know who they are how good they are and what they should be getting paid

It's ashame bg don't roll this out on site because I've seen some really good tradesmen getting paid s**t rates just because they don't know any better and if they were on a register and the good companies would know who they are how good they are and what they should be getting paid
Dont think it wud make a difference pal if u was on that register or not site wise..cash Is king ull only get contractors paying subbies a certain m2 rate..sad but true

@flynnyman why don't you apply for it, as your elder of the forum it's be a good way to get an unbiased opinion. You can cherry pick any jobs they offer if your already busy and you get the view from the inside. If its free for 1 year and you get one ceiling from it in 12 months its cost you a brew for the assessor and you get to meet another spread to chat poo with for an hour.
Whats to lose?

Our area is new so im not expecting a massive influx but i also don't need or want a ton of domestic work at the minute.

Nothing ventured nothing gained

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I might have a bit of it I'm just thinking of that accessor sniggering at me doing my job :( lol

Thought it was started with lads using Magnetic ??................I would do it but they done me over for smoothie of the month comp awhile back for some t**t who plastered a port hole..............looked more like a 50 pence piece, but im not bitter. Can you be in the gang if you use Knauf MP Finish??
I agree you should of won smoothie of the month with that vid you should of got a bloody award ;) a lot of effort ignored but not the first time ( just to add I won smoothie of the month for some wonderful gothic arches) lol

yes it was mentioned on twitter around the midlands its u.k wide now, there are i think 30 odd on at the minute.
what i meant was i not seen it said it going u.k wide on there own media or any other media plastering pages.The ones on it are not just bit part plasterers the standard is high for the scheme they back up all works carried out with a 2 year guarantee if there is a problem on a job there is backup and ways they have to resolve it but tbh bg are better to answer that than me.
Reading what lads have said about it n few of u r on its worth a phone call I agree that got be some sort of basis too getting quality work thru a recognised body even though it's the plaster supplier BG have been slag off lately on here over the quality of there product just wonder what the membership price gets fixed at

Would have to move yours out the way first kitchen
Both of you get your tongues out of my arse I'm in :) BG have just rang and offered me an assessors job whoop whoop they want me to appear on all their posters and promotional stuff I don't believe it :) I'm heading down to HQ to make a video lol at last they have taken me serious :)

Both of you get your tongues out of my arse I'm in :) BG have just rang and offered me an assessors job whoop whoop they want me to appear on all their posters and promotional stuff I don't believe it :) I'm heading down to HQ to make a video lol at last they have taken me serious :)
Promoting uni? Popcorn any1

you've sold out flynnymarra...........................:fuckyou:

They should phone me cos I'm mustard wi me blade

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk
I hope you both do get on the scheme you both have made a real effort in getting magnetic out there and have vast knowledge and experience of plastering in both your areas they couldn't get anyone better imho @BritishGypsum