British Gypsum Launches Certified Plasterers Scheme

Members online

Is this for real? Where's the membership cost going to after the first free year? Is anyone off here joined yet?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Is this for real? Where's the membership cost going to after the first free year? Is anyone off here joined yet?

Yes mate I am .. I think it's good for plasterers and public .
Help

Load of b*ll***s in my opinion but my opinion dsnt count for much so let them crack on..if it was totally free forever fair enough but just another money making tool..just saying

And after reading it its even more b*ll***s lol..wats the world coming to wen we need a bg sticker or a bg man who's probably never plastered in his life giving us the ok to let oursens do work for the public..will still get chancers accepted onto the course as u do with trust mark fmb etc I know some rite rough c**ts who are certified with them..all we had to do was send fmb 10 phone numbers of former clients who we have done work for so there could ring them..could of added any1 cud of put my mums name down,my granny's,my best mate etc..I'm all for weeding out chancers but this ain't it

Unless they are sending people out to watch you work then it's a complete joke. I could be rough as f**k and pay my membership get a few fake references together and get pictures of someone else's work. If they are trying to regulate the trade then fair enough but it has to be done properly, they need to have assessors coming to site, you need to be qualified and produce your papers etc. Why aren't they on the forum chatting us through it all?

Only way them organizations wud only guarantee that there are only letting genuine professionals onto there scheme is literally having a rep sat watching u work all day and he wud have to come out wen ur doing different stuff like boarding,skimming,rendering or whatever but there wudnt dream of doing that and y is that!? Because It wud cost them a fortune..any1 can get onto them schemes there just want ur £800-£1200 a year membership for a sticker on the van

11205017_10153221079160631_2079551680354391351_n.jpg

We're on the scheme. Costs nothing and you do need to submit 5 references with an associated invoice for the work you did. After that someone comes out to watch you work. He was a plasterer himself and can't join the scheme because he's got to be impartial. Cost to join - zero. Done two small jobs for them so far worth just shy of £1500.

They ring the customers after you've done the work (at least they did with ours) and the membership is reviewed yearly. Can't see a downside myself. If it brings a few jobs here and there in great, if it doesn't bring anymore in then we're still 15000% up on pounds spent. Not sure of a more efficient form of advertising.

We're on the scheme. Costs nothing and you do need to submit 5 references with an associated invoice for the work you did. After that someone comes out to watch you work. He was a plasterer himself and can't join the scheme because he's got to be impartial. Cost to join - zero. Done two small jobs for them so far worth just shy of £1500.

They ring the customers after you've done the work (at least they did with ours) and the membership is reviewed yearly. Can't see a downside myself. If it brings a few jobs here and there in great, if it doesn't bring anymore in then we're still 15000% up on pounds spent. Not sure of a more efficient form of advertising.
It says a years free membership for the first 100 spreads so wats the cost yearly if ur not getting It for free?

Sounds a bit like that job I had lined up for myself, travelling the country assessing people and putting them on that list @Danny :) that's twice my ideas have been used with no thanks :( not to mention all the other ideas :(

To be honest i've not been told about it becoming a paid membership. Its free for now so i'll see how the next 11 months go then weigh it up if it changes.

If a few people on here joined it'd be a good way for others to see if its worth it also. Whats there to lose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit like that job I had lined up for myself, travelling the country assessing people and putting them on that list @Danny :) that's twice my ideas have been used with no thanks :( not to mention all the other ideas :(

Didn't seem like a bad number for him

To be honest i've not been told about it becoming a paid membership. Its free for now so i'll see how the next 11 months go then weigh it up if it changes.

If a few people on here joined it'd be a good way for others to see if its worth it also. Whats there to lose?

Do you have a profile people can view ? Or do they pass you the work?

No customers get your details. BG email/ring you with a brief description of the job. If your interested they forward you the customers details

tbh its first time i heard of a cost.. the scheme is to guarantee a good standard of work in homes.
which tbh i think is a long time coming ,
who else is doing anything like that,
also notice that it has been mentioned on here first before anywhere else probably because there are a lot of experienced and skilled plasterers which is what they want on the scheme.

tbh its first time i heard of a cost.. the scheme is to guarantee a good standard of work in homes.
also notice that it has been mentioned on here first before anywhere else probably because there are a lot of experienced and skilled plasterers which is what they want on the scheme.
Anywhere else like?

What's the back up like when their is a problem with the customer?

I think Pete wud be better than u at that job flynny..petes got it in the bag for the future

Its says free for the 1st 100 plasterers so there must be a cost coming u guys have got it for free because 100 spreads havnt signed up

They don't mention qualifications which is a bit of a shame, they are becoming worthless and I don't see how that's helping the customer. I'm not arguing about quals we've been there a thousand times and it will take us off topic but qualifications should be recognised.

He came at 7:30am and left just before 11am. It was alot like talking to any other spread on site really if im honest. You can tell 10 mins in to a conversation if someone is a bit of a chancer.

We were on an extension for a builder the day he came and we'd done half of it the day before.

I suppose the benefit of using an actual working plasterer is that he can spot a wrongun from the off. Thats my opinion.

On the flip side i doubt Danny is going to be pleased as one of his sponsors is getting a pasting (verbally ) :rayos:

They don't mention qualifications which is a bit of a shame, they are becoming worthless and I don't see how that's helping the customer. I'm not arguing about quals we've been there a thousand times and it will take us off topic but qualifications should be recognised.

They asked us to list any relevant qualifications. Not sure if they count for anything their end though or just a box ticking exercise