Brick outline showing through external render. Normal?

Ivy

20 mins outside of brum

We've discussed this, have we not?

In a civilised part of the world such as Manchester (the jewel of the North) that's quite a long way.

In Birmingham or London (ugh) that's a couple of hundred metres.

It's to mush Feb in the brickies mix. No suction on the joints. Good chance they used concentrated plasticiser. I have it happened with 30mm of render on a wall done in 3 coats. I've done plinths with less then 10mm of render done in one coat and not happened. It's not down to the plasterer if this happens.

It's to mush Feb in the brickies mix. No suction on the joints. Good chance they used concentrated plasticiser. I have it happened with 30mm of render on a wall done in 3 coats. I've done plinths with less then 10mm of render done in one coat and not happened. It's not down to the plasterer if this happens.
It could still be on to thin though. Would a base coat prevented it.

It could still be on to thin though. Would a base coat prevented it.
On thin or not if the joints are full of feb it's a lottery if they going to ghost. It drives me mad to be honest. Iv had them come trough 2 months later in the odd spot.

View attachment 33774
They are 15mm beads dabbed on so should be around 20mm there where it come trough. Job was done in February. They only showed up this month.

Every day a school day. I was completely unaware of this. I've seen too much feb/washing up liquid used to do some real mischief. I was asked to take a chimney apart once....it was gravity holding the thing together. No adhesion whatsoever in the mortar.. Foreman/passer offer mustn't have been bothered climbing up to look. I put in a price for pointing the house but never got it.

Same job over a month ago.

Every day a school day. I was completely unaware of this. I've seen too much feb/washing up liquid used to do some real mischief. I was asked to take a chimney apart once....it was gravity holding the thing together. No adhesion whatsoever in the mortar.. Foreman/passer offer mustn't have been bothered climbing up to look. I put in a price for pointing the house but never got it.

Took us a long time to get to the bottom of it. Did 4 houses after the same Bricky and had the same problem on all houses. Me and the builder went down to a job he was on. And watched him do a mix without him knowing we were watching. He was putting in around 20 to 25ml of concentrated fab to a bag of cement. It should be 5ml ffs. There was bubbles in the cement mixer. We got him to build the garage with 5ml of feb. Not 1 block showed trough. Lucky the house was being painted.

Same job over a month ago.

Took us a long time to get to the bottom of it. Did 4 houses after the same Bricky and had the same problem on all houses. Me and the builder went down to a job he was on. And watched him do a mix without him knowing we were watching. He was putting in around 20 to 25ml of concentrated fab to a bag of cement. It should be 5ml ffs. There was bubbles in the cement mixer. We got him to build the garage with 5ml of feb. Not 1 block showed trough. Lucky the house was being painted.

Now, stuff like this is exactly what the forum's for.

Thanks for that.

Not that you bear any responsibility but between you and john you are probably the best to answer ," wtf has caravans got to do with Stephens ramblings " time for his medication me thunks
How am I best to answer?! Humph. I’m too sane to understand his ramblings