breaking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking in a new labourer (god help me please)
Working on a school asked him to clean out the bucket
Tap outside with a hose on
Went outside to see how he was getting on
He tipped all the dity water down the drive and over the playground
Asked him to tickle in he put the bucket on the scaff
Went through the trap door tipped the bucked over he placed it over the door

Working in another part of the school I knocked the first bucket up
Putting it on as sweet as a nut told him to get some more water out of the toilets
to lay in:RpS_bored:
He knocked it up I started laying in thought this plaster's warm:RpS_sleep:
He had only used hot water

Does anyone want to buy him £1?
Can deliver any where in Europe :huh:

We were all young once paul. At least he is not out selling drugs. Although it sounds like he turns up for work on something! Go easy on him.

a good lab is worth there weight in gold,
im on my 3rd in less than a week on my plastering machine all he does is fire bags of render in it and add water to keep up with a couple of us, up on the scaffolding spraying and ruling and i aint found a lad or fella up to it i pay them 400 a week and still they toss it off on mobile phones etc.

im still the "apprentice" now at my local council, which is ironic seeing as im qualified, easy work for a couple of years tho haha and i get moaned at left right n centre for being on my mobile, yet i use it while in the van or on dinner breaks never during physical work??

ive found with labourers you have to train them as if they were a chimp ,tell them every little tiny detail, i once had a couple of labourers on a job but one was very good so i told him to get the other labourer and do ......something. anyway half hour passed and the not so good one came running into the job to me soaking wet and coverd in green sludge, turns out he was on the phone for ages when he should have been working and my regular labourer got fed up so he pushed him in the swimming pool which had not been cleaned for well over a year or 2 and was full of fag butts. needless to say he diddnt come back in the next day

ive found the labourers who are worth teaching are the ones who turn up everyday, find themselves work when theres nothing to do and dont sit on the phone all day. unfortunately they come few and far between

My labourer:

• He does everything i want correctly without having to ask him,
• He doesn't stand about while i'm working,
• He never has a day off when i'm at work,
• He can do everything i can do,
• He comes everywhere with me,
• He eats when i eat & only has a break when i do,
• He never uses his phone while i'm working,
• He puts everything in the van so i can find it.

My labourer is.........

Me:RpS_thumbup:

Like the saying goes:

"If you want a job doing properly do it yourself"

The thing with labourers is they just get in the feckin way,
oh & you have to pay them!

Last edited:
lee i have to disagree mate, a decent labourer is as important as a decent plasterer. they allow you to do what you are there to do

sometimes a job doesnt warrant 2 spreads though rock. like lately ive been doing alot of ceilings, rip em down, board em and skim em. possible cove em. i do it in a day with a labourer. if i had a plasterer with me id still do it in a day...

I've had labourers with me before & I can do the job in the same time on my own.
That's why I don't bother if I need a hand I just get another spread in.

Suppose a good lab is worthwhile beddy if you can guarantee them the work all the time.

depends what you are doing,
with our outside jobs i pay top money for a lab on the machine, as its 20 grand worth of kit and i dont want a 50 qud a day numpty running it,plus if were spraying 80 metres of render in a day the gang needs to run like clockwork,and you have to work spotless so labs busy all day washing hoses out etc.its all relative i suppose.

give me 150 a day owls and ill come and labour for you, maybe even do a bit of ruling if youre nice

depends what you are doing,
with our outside jobs i pay top money for a lab on the machine, as its 20 grand worth of kit and i dont want a 50 qud a day numpty running it,plus if were spraying 80 metres of render in a day the gang needs to run like clockwork,and you have to work spotless so labs busy all day washing hoses out etc.its all relative i suppose.

why would u need a machine to do 80 metres

My labourer:

My labourer is.........

Like the saying goes:

Exactly this! I have no probs working on my own!

My labourer:

My labourer is.........

Like the saying goes:

Exactly this! I have no probs working on my own!

I like having a labourer... even if its just to talk to... also I can be f**k*d to do my own cleaning and what not.... I am def energy efficient :)

why would i stick 80 metres plus of weber on by hand 3 floors up,when ive got a machine.

I've had labourers with me before & I can do the job in the same time on my own.
That's why I don't bother if I need a hand I just get another spread in.

Suppose a good lab is worthwhile beddy if you can guarantee them the work all the time.

agree with nisus im in the mind can doe the same job on my own as with a lab apart from when i was on site then i had 2 labs took them on diffrent days as they couldent keep up i use to burn them out & im not jokin :-0

I used to have a bodybuilder who wouldn't come on dashing jobs on his own unless my regular lab was with me, he just couldn't do it, the puffed up ponce:-0

Status
Not open for further replies.