Boy George trowel

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
Yep, its bent to fcuk. Can anything be done to make it come to its senses and become straight again.
Have it about 6 years but its now pulling lines in my skim :( have another 13' mt there and an 18inch ox but this was the best of the lot until this happened.

Any tips

IMG_20170402_200201.jpg
IMG_20170402_200301.jpg
IMG_20170402_200314.jpg

Can fix trowels to a degree, personally I think that one is banjaxxed mate. Usually can fix a mild bend, by tapping a pointer in the middle bar where the blade is bent wrong way to pull the blade out a wee bit, but that's like an accordion lol

bent my trowel, it was a sad day. got a new one now. breaking it in has been an annoying process but nice not having to turn my trowel upside down to square reveals. going to get another and break that in too. lesson learnt.

bent my trowel, it was a sad day. got a new one now. breaking it in has been an annoying process but nice not having to turn my trowel upside down to square reveals. going to get another and break that in too. lesson learnt.

Yep, breaking my new one in will be a pain aswell. This ceiling was finished with the new one, thou bad pics :( Ya can't beat a good broken in trowel!

IMG_20170401_100647.jpg

IMG_20170401_100730.jpg
IMG_20170401_100719.jpg
IMG_20170401_100705.jpg

U need to be doing rendering if u want to brake in a trowel

Left them in the Garage :( . looks worse in pics thou.
What you using to skim atm, carlite ultra or what? We've been using normal carlite this last while, but the stuff has been pure s**t from before Xmas. Closing a ceiling in theday and the stuff is tearing, soft, but tearing. F*****g shite, and there is a dull auld finish to it, doesn't Polish up nice at all whatever they have done to it.

What you using to skim atm, carlite ultra or what? We've been using normal carlite this last while, but the stuff has been pure s**t from before Xmas. Closing a ceiling in theday and the stuff is tearing, soft, but tearing. F*****g shite, and there is a dull auld finish to it, doesn't Polish up nice at all whatever they have done to it.

Never heard or seen of that stuff! All we get is bonding, and gypsum skim coat. Sometimes it sets quicker, other times it hangs. As long as we get a nice polished wall, no lines, bumps, dips and all angles are clean, then thats all that mattes here. Even had to Google carlite ultra to see what it is!

R
Never heard or seen of that stuff! All we get is bonding, and gypsum skim coat. Sometimes it sets quicker, other times it hangs. As long as we get a nice polished wall, no lines, bumps, dips and all angles are clean, then thats all that mattes here. Even had to Google carlite ultra to see what it is!
Right enough? We see very little of the skimcoat up here now, it's all carlite or carlite ultra. For a while it was nearly all ultra but back to the red bags now, which as I have said have been muck from before Xmas.

I agree with gibbo

That's salvageable

Fix that no probs

Had lads that have damaged loads. Usually get them back bang on.

Put it on a flat surface and have a look where the bends are take a photo and put on here

Looks like it'll have to be tomorrow night instead became even thou the van is closer tonight, still a lazy b*****d to go take pic of it :whistle: