Bonding over tiles

Members online

adapt

Hi I have a mate who wants to re-plaster his bathroom but cannot be arsed taking the tiles off. he was asking me what he should do and I said just mix up some bonding coat then skim with multi.

Has anyone on here plastered over tiles and if so was it easy enough, don't want him to give me s**t if it don't work so I thought I would ask on here if anyone has done it.

Cheers

Yeah I have a tub of the plas prime that sovereign do so I will give him that. No doubt I will end up doing it lol.

Cheers for that (y)

I've ripped out a few bathrooms that had board dabbed onto tiles, then tiles put on the new boards. o_O

I've done it in an I****n restaurant toilets a few years back. Bond it. Bonding and skim. f**k knows if it's still there

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a tub of the plas prime that sovereign do so I will give him that. No doubt I will end up doing it lol.

Cheers for that (y)
I use she sovereign one but think its only the Plas prime x (the black external one)they recommend over tiles

I cringe at the thought... but witnessed a 'plasterer' doing it the other day and it is still up today... not sure if I could do it myself as I like to sleep at night

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Couldnt give a f**k if they do. Told the customer I don't recommend it. He insisted regardless. His problem.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

@Fatarm has skimmed them before

I forgot what he said he used

Hi I have a mate who wants to re-plaster his bathroom but cannot be arsed taking the tiles off. he was asking me what he should do and I said just mix up some bonding coat then skim with multi.

Has anyone on here plastered over tiles and if so was it easy enough, don't want him to give me s**t if it don't work so I thought I would ask on here if anyone has done it.

Cheers