Board Finish

el_indio

Ay up all
I've looked on the forum for an answer but nothing stood out.
Simple question:
Is there any difference in technique using board finish instead of multi?
What are the limitations? Anything I should look out for while skimming?
Boarding and skimming an entire bungalow, finished half of it but they ordered board instead of multi for second delivery.
I've never used the stuff before.
Any help much appreciated!

Been plastering 14 years, never used board finish since college. Local merchants only stock multi finish on the shelf

I don't get my you would choose multi over boardy to be honest, more consistent, better finish, can go over same backgrounds, same prep involved and it's cheaper! It's almost like the same debate with uni finish and multi

Does it actually say on the bag that board finish can be used on backgrounds other than plasterboard?

image.png

Used on Wet backgrounds for years, catch it right it gives a beautiful finish, far better than multi, however used board finish for first coat and multi for top coat again superb finish, it all depends on how green the backing is, the more green then board finish is the best.

Me and my mate use to always mix a bag of board and a bag of multifinish together 50/50... We call it Plastermans creamy a la creme
Remember you heard it here first
Better than the @zombie mix
:hola:

Me and my mate use to always mix a bag of board and a bag of multifinish together 50/50... We call it Plastermans creamy a la creme
Remember you heard it here first
Better than the @zombie mix
:hola:
If you want some of @theplastermans cream this is the place to get it....i think @flynnyman would love some of your creamy mix:)

Yeah I know....i was doing some work for a damp proofing company and the insisted said it went over the damp proofing plaster better

They were correct mate... Its what you can use over thistle DRI -COAT of TARMAC LIMELITE RENOVATING PLASTER... Next day once green after its been keyed and don't need/ use PVA as water just sits on it!

They were correct mate... Its what you can use over thistle DRI -COAT of TARMAC LIMELITE RENOVATING PLASTER... Next day once green after its been keyed and don't need/ use PVA as water just sits on it!
Yeah exactly what I got told, no pva and use the boardy, went over some that wasnt dry enough though and my god that pulled....had to give it about 4 coats to keep it alive

Renderlite from soverein is what I was going over

Never used it that tbh bud
Was not to bad when dry but was laying all the tops on first then back round for the bottoms as it could be a bit unpredictable if not sure how long ago it had been put on