Board and Skim Price

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotsocks7

Been asked to price up board and skim walls and ceiling of a 4m x 4m room with 2 doors and a window.
All blown backing plaster has been removed back to the brickwork.

Was thinking the following for materials and labour:-
20 x 8'x4' boards-£100
10 bags board adhesive-£60
6 bags of Board Finish-£30
Roll of Scrim Tape-£5
Angle Beads-£5
Skimming(3 sets for me)-£180.
Done very little boarding and was wondering how long i should estimate for this part of the job so i can
price accordingly.
Any other advice appreciated.

allow a day for boardin..if u get ceiling and walls on quicker try and skim ceiling to and then your ££££ in.

if youre struggling to quote give the customer a rough idea of days and tell em youre day rate .....it'd help to get a lab in for the ceiling ......take youre time better to do it well and earn a bit less than rush it and have to reskim the lot ..........what do you think oasis?

8 x 4 boards can be a nightmare to handle on your own especially if u've got to carry them upstairs...consider pricing in a labourer u'll prob get the job done alot quicker if u got some1 to help you + use smaller plasterboards for the ceiling.

Bout 560 labour m8.

id agree, get a labourer with u day 1 to board out, your rate + his rate for a day (make 20 quid on him) then your skimming rate then mats..

if you aint done much boarding mate allow your self 1.5 days boarding half a day pick up materials and board ceiling and prep walls 1 day board walls and scrim up and bead ready for skimming,

Status
Not open for further replies.