Blue Grit

Members online

John smith

Hi
Been plastering for 6 years now. Firm I work for never use blue grit. I’ve never used it, don’t eakt to sound a dinosaur. Could I have some tips on when best to use it and stuff and when it’s suitable. Can it be just use to overskim in really bad walls as opposed to PVA and will it make a difference?

Hi
Been plastering for 6 years now. Firm I work for never use blue grit. I’ve never used it, don’t eakt to sound a dinosaur. Could I have some tips on when best to use it and stuff and when it’s suitable. Can it be just use to overskim in really bad walls as opposed to PVA and will it make a difference?

It's a very powerful sealer and stabiliser. It dries with a rubber type consistency and guarantees that there'll be no surprises on your job.

Just don't go thin over it.

And don't fall for the hype that you can plaster anything with with pregrit. I chanced my arm and gritted a plywood pipe box. Skimmed it and it all cracked to f**k.

It's a very powerful sealer and stabiliser. It dries with a rubber type consistency and guarantees that there'll be no surprises on your job.

Just don't go thin over it.

And don't fall for the hype that you can plaster anything with with pregrit. I chanced my arm and gritted a plywood pipe box. Skimmed it and it all cracked to f**k.
Should have gone with undercoat first?
Better still board over ply.
DIY guy!

Should have gone with undercoat first?
Better still board over ply.
DIY guy!
f**k are you on about, undercoat?

I know, but seeing as the customer is in Dublin and will never see it, I thought I'd give it a try - I heard you can even skim glass with blue grit, so I was curious.

As it turns out, you can't skim over ply with it.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

And my wall line still turned out better than yours.

1568278975594.png

An undercoat plaster of your choice.
Simple mistake, good product, just wrong application.
Yehaa!