Blue Grit.

PlasteringScot

Three years ago when I was a first year apprentice I was working on a job in a pub, and my boss(foreman) told me to just bluegrit the tiles. So I did.

my tradesmen at the time skimmed over the gritted tiles, despite telling me they would never do that themselves, but what e boss says goes. Got a random message from one of those guys today "just took a p!$$ in that pub where we gritted they tiles years ago, not even a hairline hah"

is it really that good? Would you ever plaster over tiles in any way shape or form?

Yep...blue grit and used bondit over tiles ...mucho successo.:RpS_thumbup:

I believe neat pva also works? Never tried it tho.

Done it twice with wba looked ok but didn't feel right... Obviously check the tiles are correctly bonded to the wall..

According to 'Plastering-an encyclopaedia' by W.D.Stagg this is perfectly normal practice.

Three years ago when I was a first year apprentice I was working on a job in a pub, and my boss(foreman) told me to just bluegrit the tiles. So I did.

my tradesmen at the time skimmed over the gritted tiles, despite telling me they would never do that themselves, but what e boss says goes. Got a random message from one of those guys today "just took a p!$$ in that pub where we gritted they tiles years ago, not even a hairline hah"

is it really that good? Would you ever plaster over tiles in any way shape or form?
It works i Monocouche rendered a gritted bathroom it stayed on 2 years at least until i sold the flat.

IMG_1591.JPG
Hi mate , did I read this right you used monocouche in a bathroom over the top of tiles ?
Thanks
Yes thats right . if id had rendaid i would have used that but i didnt.

Last edited:
Been alright with refurbs , damp jobs some concrete works . Haven't been on a big site since 2012 . I guess your using a speedskim thee days?

I won't leave home without it.
Trowelling a wall flat is unacceptable these days. Rather be taking refreshments.