Blown is render

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you wet the scratch before you topped it? Did the same lab mix for both houses? Probably the sun getting it too quick should of worked with the sun but that won't be a problem soon :(
As @church said ,there is error here,I think possibly the sun was allowed to get at it without protection yes I wet it,same lab,he knows the mix, I should of got netting,school boy error ,never had it happen before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you still get the famous Leighton Buzzard sand down there?it never used to slump like the gear up north.

20 years ago Leighton Buzzard was the nuts, now it's sh1te, dunno if they've got to the bottom of the pits or not but it's like dirt. By coincidence I was talking to 2 London based spreads this week, both agreed. One was, ahem, 50's one was 30's. The 30 year old told me his old boss told him LB is the nuts. It WAS lol

This is no 67 ,it's next door that had the cracking,we have repaired it now,hated it happening ,never had it before,,

I had the same problem a couple of months back and put it down to the power float/sponge, you never used one of these did you? I don't think they are any good for traditional but great for the bagged stuff.

I had the same problem a couple of months back and put it down to the power float/sponge, you never used one of these did you? I don't think they are any good for traditional but great for the bagged stuff.
No all ,hand floated,put it down to the heat,rapid drying ,

This is no 67 ,it's next door that had the cracking,we have repaired it now,hated it happening ,never had it before,,
I've been there john before , I've done everything by the book , literally , and still had happen what you had here and I've no answer,strangely I've never had it happen internally

Id never render over tongue and groove ship lap. I hope u used Fairy liquid and not some cheap Polish Lidl type w/ up liquid in it ?

seriously tho, looks good, maybe a stupid question but was the cracking in the Apex wall, no expansion joint ?

Id never render over tongue and groove ship lap. I hope u used Fairy liquid and not some cheap Polish Lidl type w/ up liquid in it ?

seriously tho, looks good, maybe a stupid question but was the cracking in the Apex wall, no expansion joint ?
This was without cracks ,it was next door that cracked,this one was kept damped for a week,very hot week...

This was the re rendered bit, loads of crazing cracks, solid enough in 90percent but didn't look nice

Last edited:
What's happening Is your finish before rubbing up is rough as **** so when you are rubbing up (filling with stuff that's setting at a different time coz of suction, that your grabbing off the floor) and your also bringing the sand to the top ;) basics lol only joking but true ;)

you could do this job exactly the same way another 50 times and not see another crack,, just one of those things,,,, like you say john you've been rendering the way you do for many years now without problems so there's not a lot you can change since the weather is out of your hands,, my father had this happen to him once,, we could not pin point it down to one thing

What's happening Is your finish before rubbing up is rough as **** so when you are rubbing up (filling with stuff that's setting at a different time coz of suction, that your grabbing off the floor) and your also bringing the sand to the top ;) basics lol only joking but true ;)
In vinos bollix x x

its simple .......... it was too hot(dried out too fast) and because your in England and really hot doesn't happen often its got you believing you did something wrong ,hence doubting yourself ,keep doing wat your doing but try cover your work up in extreme heat

its simple .......... it was too hot(dried out too fast) and because your in England and really hot doesn't happen often its got you believing you did something wrong ,hence doubting yourself ,keep doing wat your doing but try cover your work up in extreme heat
True but still my fault..

cant fault your honesty john:RpS_thumbup:

takes a bigger man to stand up and take it on the chin...lifes all karma bud and you will get a bit of luck on summet down the line mate!!!:RpS_thumbup:
When you do a job,you are responsible for it unless,you have given advice and been over ruled or an act of god. It was in my mind to get netting but didn't,

When you do a job,you are responsible for it unless,you have given advice and been over ruled or an act of god. It was in my mind to get netting but didn't,

Totally agree mate...But heyho whats dones done now, your doing/done the right thing and can walk away from the job with your head held high and reputation in tact.

We can all beat ourselves up mate about what could go wrong on every job and hindsights a wonderful thing but at the end of the day to some extent there an element of numbers game init...law of averages says if your workin every day then your going to get a couple of things a yr or so even with all the precautions in the world!!!..

don't beat your self up bud:RpS_thumbup:

20 years ago Leighton Buzzard was the nuts, now it's sh1te, dunno if they've got to the bottom of the pits or not but it's like dirt. By coincidence I was talking to 2 London based spreads this week, both agreed. One was, ahem, 50's one was 30's. The 30 year old told me his old boss told him LB is the nuts. It WAS lol
I used Lb last week. It was like mud! Used to be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.