Blending plaster fresh into fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky12

Hi again....so I'm doing my first stairwell, it's quite big, high and long. Can I do it in two sections and blend then together??
Any tips on doing this much appreciated :)

Hi @Ky12

I would just give it a bash :) the worst it will need is a sand and a rub down :) You may just surprise yourself :)

Blending and feathering is all well and good but hard to get perfect :-(

Last edited:
Cheers mate. Should I feather out my first section to thin? Or leave it as crisp and straight as I can for the second section to kinda butt up to it?

I would just bosh the lot on or look at a rolling set if you can.... DOnt blend it or feather it....

Do you have any flat strap? If so fix that where you are comfortable skimming to. Skim. Remove flat strap and then skim to a nice crisp edge.
Alternatively skim,feather out. Skim, feather in.

Run a line of scrim down wall were your comfortable with plaster half way on to scrim then peel scrim off from top on your final trowel will leave a clean line to feather your next hit into :RpS_thumbup: but always better to hit in one bud.

What i tend to do is run a skrim down the full length of the wall enough so you have 3 inches or so on the ceiling and at the bottom (its easier to pull off if) skim over the skrim and pull it off after 2nd trowel or before finishing. Clean up the raggy edge and whatever is left.

Just realized this is a week old, wrote it now

split set if you cant manage, even easyer with a labourer.
lay on 1st half / fresh mix lay on 2nd half flaten 1st / fresh mix second coat 1st flatten 2nd / fresh mix second coat 2nd trowel 1st ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.