Big ceiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Marshy. One question: I bought the pole for it (slightly miffed as they have the extendables back in stock now but never mind) do you find it best to push it or pull it on ceilings?
That's a good question!!
I do more pushing than pulling

When your filling the bottom of the wall , mix a small bucket of bonding to do it.
I tend to use left over finish from the ceiling as id be doing it all in one day but your better doing it with bonding.

Yeah next straight wall you get try putting more on with one trowel and kind of follow that right to finish.
Plenty of people on here will give you advice.
Righto John, good advice.
I use a 13" marshalltown. Spread friend o mine suggested not going bigger as gets too awkward.

Are you lot for real ? 30m ceiling ? Please ? Only way to go el Indio board and stand, and stilts ( if you haven't tried buy some and learn ,they earn you serious money ) no scaffold to buy or get to job !! And set up ,getting boards through windows and doors ,9 o'clock before you fire the whisk up ,plus if ur doing a whole house you've gota pay your labourer to move it between rooms ££££ . Been spreading since seraphite B was about ( respect to the man who mentioned tartar ,worked back then when plaster was coarser and would wear a trowel out in 18 months . 50 years old love the job, so much job satisfaction .rolling gauge is how it works every hit you have ,don't be scared of it .get to the job with the thought of I can do this ,and do it . Remember this you get payed for the m2 you do not the ones you WORRYabout !!! Crack on

Are you lot for real ? 30m ceiling ? Please ? Only way to go el Indio board and stand, and stilts ( if you haven't tried buy some and learn ,they earn you serious money ) no scaffold to buy or get to job !! And set up ,getting boards through windows and doors ,9 o'clock before you fire the whisk up ,plus if ur doing a whole house you've gota pay your labourer to move it between rooms ££££ . Been spreading since seraphite B was about ( respect to the man who mentioned tartar ,worked back then when plaster was coarser and would wear a trowel out in 18 months . 50 years old love the job, so much job satisfaction .rolling gauge is how it works every hit you have ,don't be scared of it .get to the job with the thought of I can do this ,and do it . Remember this you get payed for the m2 you do not the ones you WORRYabout !!! Crack on

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Think it is what has been said and enthusiasticly I think @got any glue will fit right in :)

Status
Not open for further replies.