Big ceiling.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread reminds me of When I was just out of my time I threw 4 bags on in one hit with a labourer pushing me round on the scaffhold nearly pulled it off aswel. I ended up doing a bit of filling round the spot lights once it was painted but it was flat my advice would be stick with the tools your use too ask the lab to mix your plaster a bit wetter than your use to no breaks in between trowels and have the lab on standby to mix a fresh mix
Cheers mate

image.jpg
Did this one last week had to do walls first couldnt find anyone nuts enough to labour for me in 38c just shy of 30m2 did in two halfs painted it today looks fine . Hard day and got the flu somehow for thanks.

I remember my first 30m2 ceiling on my own... came out better than the smaller ones I had done...

just be clean and ready and just keep going... I did a big ceiling recently and it killed me but it came out lovely...

This thread reminds me of When I was just out of my time I threw 4 bags on in one hit with a labourer pushing me round on the scaffhold nearly pulled it off aswel. I ended up doing a bit of filling round the spot lights once it was painted but it was flat my advice would be stick with the tools your use too ask the lab to mix your plaster a bit wetter than your use to no breaks in between trowels and have the lab on standby to mix a fresh mix
At least your honest mate and i respect you :birra:

Look if your skimming on grit on gloss put a good handful of bonding in your first coat coat, I'm certain it takes longer to pull in and you'll get over the grit easier.
No bonding in the 2nd coat!
Do it like that and you'll be stood around waiting for it especially on the gloss/grit combo.
Well I would anyway.

If your paying a labourer just to mix up why don't you pay a spread for a day get rid of the lab then you can both muck in and make it easier! If you got another set to do and enough time jobs a good un!
If you don't want a pay then do what everyone else has said

Thanks mate, I'll give it a go on Thursday!
Do it in 2 section m8 I'm not the quickest ither put some pva wher u stop on first section cup of t lol nobody going to ask how quick it took to do a good job ther going to ask who did the job

It's all in the mind, tell yourself you're going to struggle and you will, set out telling yourself you will do it easy and you are brilliant it will go ok lol you might sweat a bit after but it will be fine

ive said it before and il say it again!!!

just put 1 half on that your COMFORTABLE with doing... next day come back put other half on and take your time and blend it out perfectly!!!

in no other trade do you have to be a HERO!!! they all finish at 2 don't kill themselves and get good money FFS!!!

This is why plastering is doomed newt to do with courses,foreigners,bla bla bla...

its because we kill ourselves insteading of just plodding like other trades do END OFF!!!

ive said it before and il say it again!!!

just put 1 half on that your COMFORTABLE with doing... next day come back put other half on and take your time and blend it out perfectly!!!

in no other trade do you have to be a HERO!!! they all finish at 2 don't kill themselves and get good money FFS!!!

This is why plastering is doomed newt to do with courses,foreigners,bla bla bla...

its because we kill ourselves insteading of just plodding like other trades do END OFF!!!
Yes that true if he's in 60s do it in 2 days u should do that size ceiling in a day and have 10 cups of t lol

No Mike mate, Thursday or Friday a medium size one. Then next week I tackle the large one. The ceiling I mean!
Will post pictures up....
Hope it goes ok m8 when it dry check It for marks inperfectins just rub them down before painting happy days

Like i said about the scaffold well baton and 2 hop ups . Better if you can get 4 corners etc hop ups crates etc , wehave quite alot but in your case get the first bit on flatten etc then shift scaff along and do last trowel off hop up and uee scaff for the rest ...... Be away for 1 lol

Like i said about the scaffold well baton and 2 hop ups . Better if you can get 4 corners etc hop ups crates etc , wehave quite alot but in your case get the first bit on flatten etc then shift scaff along and do last trowel off hop up and uee scaff for the rest ...... Be away for 1 lol
Cheers bud, might try that on the front room. Ceilings a bit low though so mightn't have room. Doing a ceiling overboard and skim after this job though. High ceiling so your suggestion sounds spot on for that

We have plenty batons but 3 would be grate with for hop ups etc for corners . Slide the baton along and ur laughing compared to f**k**g on a hop up ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.