Big blisters on hands!!!

Members online

zombie

Private Member
Long story but about a week ago I started getting big foookin off blisters all over my hands and forearms...been to docscamd dont know what it is prescribed some antibiotics and if don't work got to havev a blood test etc...

Anyway been plastering nearly 20 yrs and never worn gloves unless rendering etc...

Been skimming only for last 2 month solid Used 10 bags unifinish about month ago and did seem to think hands where dryer than normal...

So anyhowd just wondered if anyone else having/ had same probs???

Will be wearing gloves next week but never needed to before for just normal skim work!

Sounds like an allergic reaction to an ingredient in UNI?

Another reason not to use it...as if we needed one :burlas:

Sounds like an allergic reaction to an ingredient in UNI?

Another reason not to use it...as if we needed one :burlas:

Yeah I defo think skn was drying out with uni just like it does if using a lot of board adhesive etc....

But its weird as prob 2 months since used and just been using multi but weirdly rest of hands aren't dry and cracking just hideous blisters as big as penny coins!

Ive worn gloves for last 3 years and wud never go bk to not wearing gloves even wear them for boarding..can get warriror gloves for about 40p a pair if that if buy in bulk which we do..dint wear gloves Friday as was in the other van and had dry hands all wkend..wear gloves is the message boys

Coconut oil is good so is double base. Keep applying. See a dermatologist soon as you can, I paid to see one privately as the nhs waiting list was huge. Saw the senior consultant next day, cost £130

Coconut oil is good so is double base. Keep applying. See a dermatologist soon as you can, I paid to see one privately as the nhs waiting list was huge. Saw the senior consultant next day, cost £130

Had 2 doctors looking at me today both just shrugged there shoulders and said hadn't got a clue!!!

Normally use that double base lotion but told to not put anything on as broken skin and blisters are weeping!

Ive worn gloves for last 3 years and wud never go bk to not wearing gloves even wear them for boarding..can get warriror gloves for about 40p a pair if that if buy in bulk which we do..dint wear gloves Friday as was in the other van and had dry hands all wkend..wear gloves is the message boys

They look good mate..
warrior-dynasty-ax1-senior-hockey-gloves-1.jpg

sounds like you have caught dermatitis, the hands become raw with puss running out of them. cement and plaster will kill the bloom on your skin.
if this is the case, a building site with h and s would not let you work. one of my workmates had it years ago, he would wear cotton gloves which he changed during the day to try to hide his problem. he had to retire in the end.

Had 2 doctors looking at me today both just shrugged there shoulders and said hadn't got a clue!!!

Normally use that double base lotion but told to not put anything on as broken skin and blisters are weeping!
Had similar prob was told by someone to use this as everything else I tried failed, this was what they call jock itch so was on scrotum and buttocks I would scratch raw and skin would weep plasma . For years I suffered sometimes worse than others possibly stress related for me I'm not sure , but this cream worked within days all cleared up and have not had to re-use .
If you can't source there I would happily post to you as was a miracle for me .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    939.8 KB · Views: 699
sounds like you have caught dermatitis, the hands become raw with puss running out of them. cement and plaster will kill the bloom on your skin.
if this is the case, a building site with h and s would not let you work. one of my workmates had it years ago, he would wear cotton gloves which he changed during the day to try to hide his problem. he had to retire in the end.
Similar story, happened too a mate of mine. Can't go near sites anymore had to jack it in. Hopefully this isn't the case with u zombie(y)

Thanks Malc,

s**t this had hot Mr worried now did his skin never recover hence why he retired?

Had similar prob was told by someone to use this as everything else I tried failed, this was what they call jock itch so was on scrotum and buttocks I would scratch raw and skin would weep plasma . For years I suffered sometimes worse than others possibly stress related for me I'm not sure , but this cream worked within days all cleared up and have not had to re-use .

Thanks fela that's a very generous offer I'll see how things pan out!

After todsyvthey said to not put anything on as weeping I was for the last few days trying e45 double base and savlon which none helped!

Tell you something lads you always think all thus h&s is bollox and over the top then summet like this happens and makes you realise.

Looks like will be gloves now for the rest of my days!!!

I had that jock itch once caused by running a few years ago even made the inside of my legs raw....its torment...i got the lanacane once for athletes foot (theyre pretty similar) and sprayed two full bottles all over my bollox and it sorted it...burned something horrific though when I did it

Thanks fela that's a very generous offer I'll see how things pan out!

After todsyvthey said to not put anything on as weeping I was for the last few days trying e45 double base and savlon which none helped!
Trust me my skin in places was raw and open as the itching would be worse at night when sleeping so would rake the skin open in half sleep, over 10 years I suffered on and off with no explanation or cure until this cream, even the raised skin from scarring has gone. It's cheap here as with most drugs here, have no issues with posting to you if you pm an address be glad to help if can. If you can't source there as I know has been an issue for those my Mrs sent to.

I had that jock itch once caused by running a few years ago even made the inside of my legs raw....its torment...i got the lanacane once for athletes foot (theyre pretty similar) and sprayed two full bottles all over my bollox and it sorted it...burned something horrific though when I did it
Not sure what that is and wouldn't advise anyone just dousing themselves in anything. Just trying small area to see reaction first !!!

Trust me my skin in places was raw and open as the itching would be worse at night when sleeping so would rake the skin open in half sleep, over 10 years I suffered on and off with no explanation or cure until this cream, even the raised skin from scarring has gone. It's cheap here as with most drugs here, have no issues with posting to you if you pm an address be glad to help if can. If you can't source there as I know has been an issue for those my Mrs sent to.

Thanks that's really appreciated I'll pm if it doesn't clear up your a true gent!

If I use a shower gel that does not like me my hands will blister up and flake off... it's grim and all you can do is pick it off as it will just flake off... it's like big bits of cornflakes...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If I use a shower gel that does not like me my hands will blister up and flake off... it's grim and all you can do is pick it off as it will just flake off... it's like big bits of cornflakes...

Hmmmm!!!
image.jpeg
:sorprendido3:

Yea he retired from it totally zombie, he can't even do the odd day. If he goes near skim or S&C his hands flare up again. If you have seen a doctor and they have not mentioned dermatitis I doubt that's what u have pal(y)

s**t as just replied to malc did he retirexas hands wouldn't heel,?

time has moved on zombie,

my wife is a nurse and her opinion is that you should ask your doctor if he will make an appointment with a dermatologist, they will take a scrape from you skin and give you the correct treatment. you can purchase a 1% cortisone cream from the local chemist this may help. with out seeing your hand it is difficult.

you could show your hand to your local pharmacist and ask if they have anything to help you.

Thanks for all the help lads...god knows what's going on now I've got them under my arpits and ribs...

Might be Barnsley plague!!! Lol

I used to do a lot of work with resins. Resin floors and cladding etc. I started getting tiny little blisters in between my fingers that would get unbearably itchy to the point I was tearing my fingers apart at night and making them bleed. I ignored it and carried on but each time I touched epoxy resin the reaction got more and more vigourous to the point where it was up my arms, in my groin and made my face swell up like I'd been battered! Obviously went to the docs then and he said i have to stay away from resins forever as the reaction will just keep getting worse.
Not exactly the same situation but it shows what can happen if you ignore it. That was wearing all the right PPE too. Got to the point where breathing in the fumes made me react. Nasty s**t!

fecking hell Dan you're falling to bits :inocente::reloco: