Big area

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is the black forest. Depends really. A joiner pretending to skim would say a cupboard lid is a big area

@bparker35 no probs :) thanks to the members who also answered :RpS_wink:

ROlling gauge is easy enough to do and i have used it a few times now :) I have done sets that don't really stop :)

Put on a wall, when you second coat it you first coat the next wall and then finish the first and then second coat the the second wall and so on a so forth :)

Last edited:
Thanks would you do a 68sq celling in one hit or section it of

Lol christ.. I would get in some help :) you could rolling set it but I would get at least another spread in... some of the site boys may be able to do it on their own but I personally would get some help :)

I'm guessing that's were speed skim would come into play. Never used one very tempted to. I'm sure the boys on here will tell you to go with it or not? Just throw as much as you can with in reason enough to keep you comfy laying it in troweling ect. Then when your at a stage where you think u can control the first set go mix for your second and repeat.

stuff all the egos pal just hit 1 half 1 day go home early and whack other half on the next day and blend it in....

to many plasterers think its great to run themselves into an early grave....ive never heard in 20yrs a sparky or a plumber fret,worry or even brag about how quick they can do a rewire or change a bloody boiler/fuse board and are always last on the site and first home!!!...

if more spreads just took it steady and stopped killing themselves the rates would actualy have to go up and then we might just actualy be able to still walk when/if were lucky enough to reach retirement age!!!!!

honestly we really sometimes only have our selves to blame!!!!:RpS_thumbdn:

stuff all the egos pal just hit 1 half 1 day go home early and whack other half on the next day and blend it in....

to many plasterers think its great to run themselves into an early grave....ive never heard in 20yrs a sparky or a plumber fret,worry or even brag about how quick they can do a rewire or change a bloody boiler/fuse board and are always last on the site and first home!!!...

if more spreads just took it steady and stopped killing themselves the rates would actualy have to go up and then we might just actualy be able to still walk when/if were lucky enough to reach retirement age!!!!!

honestly we really sometimes only have our selves to blame!!!!:RpS_thumbdn:

here, here! well said me old fruit :RpS_thumbsup:

will depend how fast you are, whether you have someone mixing, height etc. if you cant do it in rolling set you can scrim across half way and do it in two hits. rub up the join with a sponge float and feather in.

Status
Not open for further replies.