Best way patching holes in plaster (on indoors brick)?

Members online

BoardUser

Hey everyone,
Long story short, I got two big patches of plasterboard ripped out either side of the chimney breqst builders opening.

I plan to use Thistle base coat (hardwall) into the large patches.

After that I plan to apply multifinish coat. Is that okay?

Should I also cover the small scratched areas with mtifinish while I'm at it or just use easy fill for anything smaller like all scratches around it and small holes?

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• 20211021_220357.jpg
    20211021_220357.jpg
    778.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 20211021_220347.jpg
    20211021_220347.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 231
Get the builder back. And a fire extinguisher
This won't be used for any fires and only decorative pieces will be within the opening.

I dont see it as a problem because nothing heat related will be close to it. Sorry forgot to mention in the main thread description.

The plasterboard infront is also just covering the entrance so cats don't get in, but the opening is nicely plasterboarded

Hey everyone,
Long story short, I got two big patches of plasterboard ripped out either side of the chimney breqst builders opening.

Should I also cover the small scratched areas with mtifinish while I'm at it or just use easy fill for anything smaller like all scratches around it and small holes?

That's a simple straightforward patch up job for any competent spread.

Lets be honest pal..... if you're having to ask on here how to do that, do you really think you should be doing it yourself?

That's a simple straightforward patch up job for any competent spread.

Lets be honest pal..... if you're having to ask on here how to do that, do you really think you should be doing it yourself?
Yes I will do it myself since its not a massive job.

I am only asking a few questions to be pointed in the right direction or for opinions.

So far effort has been taken to mock rather to help here by few but I guess that's the place I'm in.

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Don't worry, your plasterer will know what to do. Just don't assume he wants butter on his bacon sandwich.

Yes I will do it myself since its not a massive job.

I am only asking a few questions to be pointed in the right direction or for opinions.

So far effort has been taken to mock rather to help here by few but I guess that's the place I'm in.
Why would we spend years mastering our craft and ruining our knees and shoulders to then just tell some clueless joker how to do it on the Internet, doing a spread out of an earner in the process.
If you don't want to be treated like a ham sandwich then don't act like one.
But to answer your original question properly, yes.

Why would we spend years mastering our craft and ruining our knees and shoulders to then just tell some clueless joker how to do it on the Internet, doing a spread out of an earner in the process.
If you don't want to be treated like a ham sandwich then don't act like one.
But to answer your original question properly, yes

Hardly telling me how to do it and making me rich. Just questions. Its the same reason I help people with programming questions or tasks. I'm not giving away my knowledge but rather helping others to try and do it themselves.

And I appreciate the fact you all do it better and therefore earn a living from it.

But whatever, doesn't really matter. Already done it. I'm off to make a fortune with my new knowledge.

Hardly telling me how to do it and making me rich. Just questions. Its the same reason I help people with programming questions or tasks. I'm not giving away my knowledge but rather helping others to try and do it themselves.

And I appreciate the fact you all do it better and therefore earn a living from it.

But whatever, doesn't really matter. Already done it. I'm off to make a fortune with my new knowledge.
Who said anything about making a fortune?
ask ham GIF

Hey everyone,

Hardwall the patches ...
Best to over - skim that entire chimney .
so will need thin coat beads on corners blue grit or pva to area & skim with multi
A84F97C5-00AC-46E2-9458-3AADE583A55D.gif