Best Patching Plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marleyjustin

Hi guys, I'm just starting out & my 1st jobs are all repairs. My question is what is the best patching plaster to buy?

Thanks.

Pva and multi finish is what I do but I'd advise you to talk them into skimming the whole wall. I normally say a patch will be seen if you know it's there and the price difference won't be much by the time you've got there, set up etc.

Small chases half and half bonding and multi , if its where plaster has droped off etc and is bigger i would fill out and then skim , or as mentioned patch then skim full wall , you should make a few extra notes that way and the customer a better job but time wise shiuld not take much longer

Thanks guys, I will be going out to quote them later today. As I am new to the game your advice has leads me to my next question. If I did plaster the whole wall & the wall had a corner which needed skim bead, would I also need to plaster the other wall our is there a way round this?

How long you been plastering mate ?? if your out charging people and taking work on, you should really know this... however, you can fill out the bead with 2 x coats of Gyproc joint filler, then final coat of joint cement, then light sand next day when dry..

How long you been plastering mate ?? if your out charging people and taking work on, you should really know this... however, you can fill out the bead with 2 x coats of Gyproc joint filler, then final coat of joint cement, then light sand next day when dry..

Thanks & not long, it's for friends & family, I'm still looking for a plasterer to labour will to gain more experience.

Hi guys, I'm just starting out & my 1st jobs are all repairs. My question is what is the best patching plaster to buy?

Thanks.

your lucky mate getting advice from cassie, lol,, cassie your either getting soft in your old age,,, or you won a fight in the ring last night or you got your leg over last night or maybe all 3,, lol,,:RpS_biggrin:

As cassie says about filling out the other side of bead , to probably just short of your trowels width , to be honest thou best job would be to skim the wall and the return on the other side of the bead but saying that some jobs they dont want you adventuring further with your plaster to save mess etc all depends on the job :RpS_thumbup:

Thanks guys, I will be going out to quote them later today. As I am new to the game your advice has leads me to my next question. If I did plaster the whole wall & the wall had a corner which needed skim bead, would I also need to plaster the other wall our is there a way round this?
its not always necessary to put anything on the corner angle mate, but you would have to be a bit more experienced to do it this way,, best to do it as explained above by some of the other lads

just feather up to the angle mate that way you do the whole wall to loose the patch and dont have to venture round the corner

your lucky mate getting advice from cassie, lol,, cassie your either getting soft in your old age,,, or you won a fight in the ring last night or you got your leg over last night or maybe all 3,, lol,,:RpS_biggrin:

never go soft me mate..lol.. we did have 3 fighting last nite from our gym tho, brilliant nite.. no leg over, settled for a cheese toastie instead..lol

never go soft me mate..lol.. we did have 3 fighting last nite from our gym tho, brilliant nite.. no leg over, settled for a cheese toastie instead..lol
sometimes now i think i would go for a cheese toastie first choice,, well done on last night :RpS_thumbsup: for your lads

Last edited:

I didn't know u where a boxing coach. I have a boxing gym. We have 4 lads boxing 2 day. 2 of them should win. The other 2 are up against it.

You could use a thin coat stop instead of an angle bead but I'd just feather in as has already been said.

Is that a euphemism? If so I had a cheese toastie in the shower this morning :RpS_thumbsup:

Thanks.

There are a couple of ways around it like the lads have already described, sometimes if the existing plaster is pretty flat you can run a stanley knife into the existing bead and scrape back a couple of mm. Hard to describe I will look for some pics that may help

There are a couple of ways around it like the lads have already described, sometimes if the existing plaster is pretty flat you can run a stanley knife into the existing bead and scrape back a couple of mm. Hard to describe I will look for some pics that may help

That sounds interesting, love leading the tricks of the trade

I didn't know u where a boxing coach. I have a boxing gym. We have 4 lads boxing 2 day. 2 of them should win. The other 2 are up against it.

Yeh mate, we run a boxing gym, also MMA, BJJ.. and k1.. we had a women fighting last nite aswell... she lost on decision but did good for her 1st fight, other lad won his pro MMA bout, but best one was a kickboxing bout, our lad looks like an Aushwitz survivor, and the guy he was fighting was a roided up scaffolder.. looked like our lad was gonna have a bad nite, but he proper hammered him..lo... the scaff was swinging all sorts at him, hitting him aswell and our lad just laughed at him before battering him.. fuk the scaffs hey.. plasterers 1 scaffs 0...lol

Anyway cant go on about fighting all nite, our lass has just shouted me downstairs for a '' cheese toastie ''

Yeh mate, we run a boxing gym, also MMA, BJJ.. and k1.. we had a women fighting last nite aswell... she lost on decision but did good for her 1st fight, other lad won his pro MMA bout, but best one was a kickboxing bout, our lad looks like an Aushwitz survivor, and the guy he was fighting was a roided up scaffolder.. looked like our lad was gonna have a bad nite, but he proper hammered him..lo... the scaff was swinging all sorts at him, hitting him aswell and our lad just laughed at him before battering him.. fuk the scaffs hey.. plasterers 1 scaffs 0...lol

Well done to your team there bud :RpS_thumbsup: what's bjj?

loads mate.. BJJ is a ground fighting system, capeoria is brazilian aswell, but is more like a dance, it is classed as a martial art, me and the wife did it in Spain and its good exercise, but would doubt it any use in actual fighting..

James cannon is one of my pals . If you look on youtube for him , also andy ogle he was in america on like a big brother type show for fighters :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.