Best dust sheets from?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
Anybody suggest best place to get big thick dust sheets from I fed up forking out on crappy cotton ones in my merchants and I ran out of curtains.

I just use plastic on the roll It's about £10 a100 square metres
You can re use it or just bin it
Tidy up is so easy when you just roll it up and bin it
Just remember to price up plastic gaffer tape or staples to hold it down

i'm a convert to tarps. beddy mentioned them a while ago and he was bang on. theyre much better. no more shaking all the dust out of sheets. my dust sheets always went mouldy. maybe it was condensation :RpS_unsure: just shake the tarps out on the pavement let the wind blow it all away and drive away.

Are the tarps slippery though?

no not realy mate obviously need to be mindful if chucking loads of water about...but there 100% waterproof and don't let any dust through...don't go mouldy can also clean down so like new if needed...

just staple them round the skirts mega mate:RpS_thumbup:

Screwfix do the poly backed sheets too, although they can go mouldy if you but them cloth-side up............. quite useful for suffocating tories too @gps @superspread :RpS_biggrin:

and @zombie............ apparently proud to be a tory ffs. :RpS_crying:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advise lads ...I going to have a try ...I saw a painter dude who had these massive thick cotton things that looked ideal but forgot to ask him where he got them...but the tarps looks a good shot

Screwfix do the poly backed sheets too, although they can go mouldy if you but them cloth-side up............. quite useful for suffocating tories too @gps @superspread :RpS_biggrin:

Lol and I thought you was alright bubbles, hey @Danny I think for the good of the forum we should have a cull of the lefties, a bit of political cleansing

Thanks for the advise lads ...I going to have a try ...I saw a painter dude who had these massive thick cotton things that looked ideal but forgot to ask him where he got them...but the tarps looks a good shot

try 1 for a tenner pal but just make sure you staple down around perimeter of skirtings every metre or so you cant just chuck em down like dust sheets

Lol and I thought you was alright bubbles, hey @Danny I think for the good of the forum we should have a cull of the lefties, a bit of political cleansing
even better idea @Dannypoo ...a trampoline bouncy session on gps??

Work boots required.:RpS_thumbup:....
with respect gp.

Ill even wear my ginge wig and paint my face in a braveheart stylee....:RpS_laugh:

just for zombie.:-0

makes a change we've been suffocated with your loony leftie sh it, and envious of the south views on ere for years:RpS_biggrin:

Last edited:
Yes I have a few of the thick canvas type ones,they are more expensive but ok,I tend to use clear plastic on a roll,it works out between 2 and 4 quid a room,when finished,roll the corners in and throw away,:RpS_thumbup:

I'm sure you could get it cheaper and it's reusable. I did a job before crimbo the customer had put it down for me he had his company logo printed on it.
You can buy it in 50 meter rolls aswell.

There is a few different floor protector boards about now not sure on the brand we used but if working over more then a few days and the floors need saving they are ideal. Offers a little bit of protection of things being dropped too. Bit over kill if just in and out though the tarps make more sense.

even better idea @Dannypoo ...a trampoline bouncy session on gps??

Work boots required.:RpS_thumbup:....
with respect gp.

Ill even wear my ginge wig and paint my face in a braveheart stylee....:RpS_laugh:

just for zombie.:-0

lol dont you love politics

Corex is good if it's to be left down for a while with plenty of work going on. Although 3mm hardboard may be cheaper? don't know the cost of either

Status
Not open for further replies.