Bennu x-15 spray gun.

mikeweston

Thinking about getting a spray gun to apply thin coat. Apart from the rendering machines. Just wondering what is out on the market. Also the cost for a spray set up? (compressor etc) Mainly work on my own or with a labourer if needed. Thinking it would make life easier, especially on larger areas. I'm guessing when you spray thin coat you don't float it? Which would mean I wouldn't have to worry about doing larger areas on my own and trying to keep a wet edge?

It looks easy to control as you use a variable speed drill. I am tempted! Not the cheapest but the finish looks better than hand applied. Although I've only seem videos so hopefully somebody who's seen the finish in person can shed some light

we apply 1000s of metres a year of bucket renders, we hand apply it all. mono of course your a mug not to get a machine involved , but thincoats.
I just flood bigger areas with more men, most of ours are 1mm grain the speed which we put it on. I don't see it being a lot quicker putting on by machine (ive had various on demo)and as said I prefer the flatter finish with a plastic float. I accept the dpr fines you have to spray but standard finishes 1mm 1.8mm etc I don't see the need,

we apply 1000s of metres a year of bucket renders, we hand apply it all. mono of course your a mug not to get a machine involved , but thincoats.
I just flood bigger areas with more men, most of ours are 1mm grain the speed which we put it on. I don't see it being a lot quicker putting on by machine (ive had various on demo)and as said I prefer the flatter finish with a plastic float. I accept the dpr fines you have to spray but standard finishes 1mm 1.8mm etc I don't see the need,
Totally agree
The flatter finish to me is very smart and most like it
The tyrolean type texture works on some jobs but the builders/developers want it flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know everyone is different but what's the biggest area people would tackle on there own with the top coat. I know it varies with temperature. I struggle to find anyone decent to work with. (I'm a fussy bugger) I'm sometimes hesitant to take on a job with larger areas. So this is why I was thinking about the Bennu

Ideally you shouldn't tackle big areas on your own but you'll know that. If you do it needs a good amount of water adding to hold it off but then you run the risk of a wash off because it takes longer to set. If your stuck on your own you've got no choice but to buy a hopper gun/machine or Bennu.

I think that's answered my question then. Cheers @Rossi46
What would you guys recommend to spray thin coat. The Bennu looks easier to control.
Eze 24 works well and is fast for big areas. You can spray your base coats with that too.
An eBay hopper gun with a compressor will do the job, cheapest option.
The Bennu looks like it sprays very tight and accurate so would be good for you on your own but it's not cheap for what it is. Think @FreeD paid over £1000 with his Bennu, compressor and hoses. On the right job though it would pay for itself in no time with saving on hiring labour. Labour that could f*** things up anyway if they're not up to the job.
You should buy a compressor and hoses and try the hopper gun (eBay for £20). You might be happy with that. If not at least then if you decide to buy a Bennu the compressor will be used for that too.

Key is the compressor. I've hired a couple but they couldn't spray continuously it was a right ball ache

I have a bennu and it does leave a nice tidy finish and if you work Alone or with a Labourer there ideal.
But if I was to be honest you have to get the boards bang on flat and the base coat has to be immaculate or it will show through the finish.
Hand applied is a more safer option and will hide the odd imperfection of the base coat.

I use an open hopper but with an expensive Meko compressor. Not much faster than hand but cleaner, hardly any waste.

The good thing is my labourer sprays as he cannot spread. I have used the Ritmo and a Swing gun. That can be as fast as you want it to be but in summer you will need someone as fast behind you rubbing up or you will be in trouble when it starts to skin over.

I use an open hopper but with an expensive Meko compressor. Not much faster than hand but cleaner, hardly any waste.

The good thing is my labourer sprays as he cannot spread. I have used the Ritmo and a Swing gun. That can be as fast as you want it to be but in summer you will need someone as fast behind you rubbing up or you will be in trouble when it starts to skin over.
So you spray and rub?