Bennu spray gun

Members online

Stuart Kilner in Essex. PFT Southern.

Great piece of kit but you need a high quality silicone not cheap gritty stuff and know how much to water it down.

I think they’re hugely overpriced. Considering you still need to use your own cordless to move the material.
A hopper gun will give a similar finish at a fraction of the price.

I think they’re hugely overpriced. Considering you still need to use your own cordless to move the material.
A hopper gun will give a similar finish at a fraction of the price.
Cheers. I've got a hopper gun but everyone on the the talk group says the finish is miles better with a gun I'm looking at getting the setup for my ritmo but sounds like a right faff to set it up

Cheers. I've got a hopper gun but everyone on the the talk group says the finish is miles better with a gun I'm looking at getting the setup for my ritmo but sounds like a right faff to set it up
If you get one you should post some pics up of a done job. They do look good but aren’t they £300?!

I suppose if the finish is bang on and it saves you forking out for subbies it’s paid for itself in a job or two.

I used to spray it on with an Eze 24 but I always felt like that was a lot of pissin about and a heavy hose for such a light fine finish. Air line and a gun is all it needs.

It's easy to set up for the ritmo only difference really is connecting a compressor but then you don't need to connect the water.
Expensive though my setup cost over 2 grand

It's easy to set up for the ritmo only difference really is connecting a compressor but then you don't need to connect the water.
Expensive though my setup cost over 2 grand
I've had a price for £1200 for the set up but people said it's to fast for thin coat. In happy to pay 1200 if its nice to use

I used to spray it on with an Eze 24 but I always felt like that was a lot of pissin about and a heavy hose for such a light fine finish. Air line and a gun is all it needs.
Would you say the hopper and compressor is the same finish

@Tom81 was saying about a different r&s to slow it down.
I've got a turbo but getting in converted back to b4-2. Is it comfortable with the L? Also cant get my head round having to fill all the pipes up with gear does that mean it will take a tub just to use it and then washing down at the end?

I've got a turbo but getting in converted back to b4-2. Is it comfortable with the L? Also cant get my head round having to fill all the pipes up with gear does that mean it will take a tub just to use it and then washing down at the end?
That’s the problem. Even 10m of pipe will hold close to half a bucket @ £60-£70 a bucket.

I've got the l402 compressor, swing gun, remote cable and lightweight hose, it's the expensive opinion, it's fine with the b42 it's what I use, but for dormers and Step off gables pain in the ass little bits I want the low output A3-2L, if you put a ball in your hose when cleaning out it pushes the thincoat out no waste.

Why are you getting it converted back?

I've got the l402 compressor, swing gun, remote cable and lightweight hose, it's the expensive opinion, it's fine with the b42 it's what I use, but for dormers and Step off gables pain in the ass little bits I want the low output A3-2L, if you put a ball in your hose when cleaning out it pushes the thincoat out no waste.
What's the A3-2L. Can my turbo be changed to this? Is there anyway of spraying the full amount of thin coat I buy or will I have to stop and clean out the gear with the ball?

What's the A3-2L. Can my turbo be changed to this? Is there anyway of spraying the full amount of thin coat I buy or will I have to stop and clean out the gear with the ball?
I would imagine so but I don't know whether the turbo needs any programming
Screenshot_20210314-210145_Chrome.jpg

I had a Bennu and didn't get on with it...the weight is crippling and getting the air pressure bang on is tricky and time consuming. We have an Eze24 now and it's perfect, super fast and even finish and lightweight, it's basically plug and play.

I had a Bennu and didn't get on with it...the weight is crippling and getting the air pressure bang on is tricky and time consuming. We have an Eze24 now and it's perfect, super fast and even finish and lightweight, it's basically plug and play.
It’s full on or full off though isn’t it with a lot of pressure. The variability of a hopper gun trigger is so so easy. The light weight of an air hose makes it a doddle to use too.

Jesus wept! They know how to charge them PFT people
Absolute scandal mate they know the lads will pay it and still make serious money out of it,
compare it to another bit of engineering for £660 you'd get a damn good lawnmower or washing machine

I use our ritmo for all our topcoat. Use the slower r/s

It’s full on or full off though isn’t it with a lot of pressure. The variability of a hopper gun trigger is so so easy. The light weight of an air hose makes it a doddle to use too.
Bennu or hopper are shite in my opinion mate. Have you used an EZE24...it's made for thin coat mate super fast setup and clean down and seriously eats the metres...lightweight as well, we lift it up on the scaffold.

Bennu or hopper are shite in my opinion mate. Have you used an EZE24...it's made for thin coat mate super fast setup and clean down and seriously eats the metres...lightweight as well, we lift it up on the scaffold.
Yeah I used to own one in the early days. Didn’t like it. The sheeting involved cancelled out the time saved by spraying. 1 step forward 2 steps back.
Sheeting up for bucket coat spraying In wind and wet weather is enough to drive you over the edge.

Didn’t you know this already?
what was your original intention when you bought the turbo?
John told me the other day machine sales last year went out the roof with the government loans can you imagine how many clueless owners there are and dodgy render to follow

I had the Ritmo set up for spraying but carrying all that equipment around and setting up was a ball ache. Early mornings to get it out of storage and then put it back. But the finish was good and speed 0.5 was fast enough on th L.

For the weight of the hose you could get a 19mm hose or a lightweight hose.
We did get an eze 24 but my lads still preferred hand apply so sold after 1 job.
I have seen the Bennu in use with Jub and it is a good finish but I can imagine its hard on the arms after a bit. The open hopper gun is more like tyrolean. I dont think there is an easy answer to spraying silicone on mechanically.

For me out of all its the Eze 24.

Over the years we’ve tried all sorts of ways to spray silicone.

The open top gravity fed hopper gun, as said above, leaves a heavy texture which I was always worried would be pulled. You’ll need a decent compressor.

The Bennu gun is decent but very expensive for what it is, you could probably build one for sub £100 with components from CES or Markhams but most, like me, bought one for £700. It is heavy and a long price of equipment and with a drill on end it can be awkward to move around in tight spaces.

Here’s a Bennu finish with 1.5 full silicone render
3C063D26-9837-43E8-9AE0-8C4B7F37B163.jpeg

EZE24 / Euromair is decent and a lot easier than the Bennu. We spray at 13m and it takes a lot of the hard work and reliance on labour out of the equation.

Here is the Euromair finish.
F071A346-1D18-454F-A85E-FC297F073F38.png

On the material, we found you can only spray full silicone products, any semi silicone or silicone enhanced product are made up of cheap binders and glues that thicken the product and require so much water you end up spraying an overly diluted product which can ghost, I’d be interested to see any results of silicone enhanced sprayed if anyone has managed to do it.

The full silicone product still require 400/600ml of water to get them through the Bennu or the euromai/eze.

for comparison purposes here is a hand finish
F6A8A644-76BF-4000-9B52-00527F38C797.jpeg

Hand finish is better but working conditions and you labour have to be spot on. We found ourselves at times on domestic jobs at 5am trying to beat the sun on hot days, if one lad had an off day you could tell.

If you intend to spray and leave, I’d strongly recommend a 1mm silicone which allows for a flatter finish and combats the “it looks like tyrolean” argument somewhat.

Your base coats have to be absolutely bang on to spray and leave, especially using 1mm.

I found very limited information when I was looking to buy a silicone pump so hopefully this may help.

Spraying 1.5mm

We tend to spray a pass then drop back with a second light pass.

Credit to Dave in Barnsley (some will know him) as he gave us a lot of this info and helped us get going.

Attachments

• IMG_2367.MOV
    52.4 MB
Hi
Over the years we’ve tried all sorts of ways to spray silicone.

The open top gravity fed hopper gun, as said above, leaves a heavy texture which I was always worried would be pulled. You’ll need a decent compressor.

The Bennu gun is decent but very expensive for what it is, you could probably build one for sub £100 with components from CES or Markhams but most, like me, bought one for £700. It is heavy and a long price of equipment and with a drill on end it can be awkward to move around in tight spaces.

Here’s a Bennu finish with 1.5 full silicone render View attachment 61763

EZE24 / Euromair is decent and a lot easier than the Bennu. We spray at 13m and it takes a lot of the hard work and reliance on labour out of the equation.

Here is the Euromair finish.View attachment 61764

On the material, we found you can only spray full silicone products, any semi silicone or silicone enhanced product are made up of cheap binders and glues that thicken the product and require so much water you end up spraying an overly diluted product which can ghost, I’d be interested to see any results of silicone enhanced sprayed if anyone has managed to do it.

The full silicone product still require 400/600ml of water to get them through the Bennu or the euromai/eze.

for comparison purposes here is a hand finish View attachment 61766

Hand finish is better but working conditions and you labour have to be spot on. We found ourselves at times on domestic jobs at 5am trying to beat the sun on hot days, if one lad had an off day you could tell.

If you intend to spray and leave, I’d strongly recommend a 1mm silicone which allows for a flatter finish and combats the “it looks like tyrolean” argument somewhat.

Your base coats have to be absolutely bang on to spray and leave, especially using 1mm.

I found very limited information when I was looking to buy a silicone pump so hopefully this may help.
Thanks for the detailed information. We are looking at spraying and then finish with a float with a ritmo. How long can you leave an open join on a scaffold for. That's what we are worried about
Thanks