Be paying people soon to take it !!

Members online

Colin 879

LOL
3A9C52D5-6085-4A83-A1FD-E431BC1F383D.png

I really had high hopes for it too,thought it could have been a bit of competition for Bg ....
Ah well :rolleyes:
Haven’t used it myself but it’s probably like the knauf s**t that was thrust upon us in the early 2000,s when there was problems at the plant
That was utter s**t,good job the customer was papering the ceilings

I used it on my ceiling only a two bagger on artex was lovely to spread and flatten ect no bubbles and has painted up lovely but it was very hard work on last two trowels just went like a rocket!! Excuse the lamp it’s temporary :ROFLMAO:
1FDC8C89-1C33-49A7-A98B-A75CA8574136.jpeg

I think but not 100% that all the gear is batch 1 they are trying to drop.

Somebody said batch 2 is good.

Not touching it,also hearing painting issues with it.

Not used it but I've got a theory :rico:
With all the shite multi and bnq stuff been moaned about for the last year on here.
Is it coincidence that a few years ago plaster board was band from dumping it in skips, but had to be taken separately to commercial tips.
Are they recycling it back into bags of multi etc for profit over quality ? :coffe::tanguero::frenetico::chica::buitre::endesacuerdo:

I wonder if that extra time would make a difrent to setting time
May do it’s funny stuff hanged for ages then I put plasiflex over it and all of a sudden it went like a rocket I chased it and threw loads of water at it! Something I never do with multi use hardly any water at all tbh!

I believe they are clearing old batches - however. I’m not 100% sure.

They obviously messed up big style with the first batches and have hurt their reputation - however, they did listen and have changed things to overcome issues.
We have had great feedback and results on the second batch, but have withdrawn it from our lines due to the current situation with B&Q and the confusion surrounding it all.

They obviously messed up big style with the first batches and have hurt their reputation - however, they did listen and have changed things to overcome issues.
We have had great feedback and results on the second batch, but have withdrawn it from our lines due to the current situation with B&Q and the confusion surrounding it all.
Any 13 inch carbons in yet. Think mine popped a rivet

I used second batch application wasn’t a problem it was the work it took on the final two trowels I got a A1 finish but bloody hell it made me work plastering should be pretty effortless to a pro it wasn’t the case with this stuff ( this was going over artex with the suction killed with pva previous day) on board I found it better but still seem to work harder on the trowel (y)

May do it’s funny stuff hanged for ages then I put plasiflex over it and all of a sudden it went like a rocket I chased it and threw loads of water at it! Something I never do with multi use hardly any water at all tbh!
That's exactly how the Knauf finish worked.

Yeah couldn’t knock the way it mixed up and spread on the wall just final stages completely let it down!! It’s kinda like casting plaster when it goes it goes
Where as multi even if you left on wall For over a hour with hard work you can bring it back! This make good seems to have same chemical make up as a casting plaster or filler where gypsum differs with the slight graininess you can pull back with water if ya get me

As I see it, that's the problem - aside from the shortage of BG, which is a topic in itself, I think there has long been a desire, amongst spreads in mainland UK, to see a viable competitor to BG, not necessarily to hurt BG, but just to keep finish plaster at a competitively high standard, on all sides, rather than complacency slipping into the equation due to too much market share, which ends up hurting spreads who have to struggle to achieve a decent finish when a batch is below-par.

When MakeGood appeared (again, I'm ignoring BG shortage during the crisis, for the purposes of this discussion), I suspect there was a reasonable amount of goodwill from mainland UK spreads, who would've liked to see the entry of a viable competitor to the marketplace. What has scuppered that goodwill is a product being pushed through distribution channels that was clearly not fully R&D'd, and many jobs have turned into a bit of a nightmare, when they shouldn't have. To rub salt in the wound, it was being sold, right from the get-go, at the same price as a mature (BG) product.

What the motives were, behind this approach, I've no way of knowing, but end-users have suffered and so, now (inevitably), has the manufacturer. So, yes, I hope lessons have been learned, but I also hope attitudes have been altered in so much as not expecting end-users to pick up the slack for a product that's not been fully R&D'd. Were it not for the BG shortage, I think MG would've been hit even harder by the backlash and scuppered sales.

As things stand, do I want to see MG fail? That very much depends on what their motives were, throughout the whole debacle, and almost none of us can know that, for certain.

If I choose to believe that they were motivated purely by greed and didn't give a damn about end-users, then I could say "good riddance".

If I choose to believe they were just naive and over-eager to enter the market, but with no selfish disregard for potentially making life difficult for end-users, then I suppose I might be willing to sit tight, watch them (wisely) step back from the marketplace, regroup and R&D some more, having learned some painful lessons. Ultimately, I think there is still a general desire to see a viable longterm competitor to BG, but only one that properly R&Ds their product before distributing it to the trade - otherwise, they're just contributing to the problem, rather than their competition helping to improve the problem.

If MG do more R&D and re-enter the market in 6 months time, I might be wiling to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least try a couple of bags, on a non-critical job. Whether that ends up being a good experience for me (and, ultimately, them) is almost entirely in their hands.

Yeah couldn’t knock the way it mixed up and spread on the wall just final stages completely let it down!! It’s kinda like casting plaster when it goes it goes
So basically they have the same problem that was their in batch 1. It does not set uniformly.

As I see it, that's the problem - aside from the shortage of BG, which is a topic in itself, I think there has long been a desire, amongst spreads in mainland UK, to see a viable competitor to BG, not necessarily to hurt BG, but just to keep finish plaster at a competitively high standard, on all sides, rather than complacency slipping into the equation due to too much market share, which ends up hurting spreads who have to struggle to achieve a decent finish when a batch is below-par.

When MakeGood appeared (again, I'm ignoring BG shortage during the crisis, for the purposes of this discussion), I suspect there was a reasonable amount of goodwill from mainland UK spreads, who would've liked to see the entry of a viable competitor to the marketplace. What has scuppered that goodwill is a product being pushed through distribution channels that was clearly not fully R&D'd, and many jobs have turned into a bit of a nightmare, when they shouldn't have. To rub salt in the wound, it was being sold, right from the get-go, at the same price as a mature (BG) product.

What the motives were, behind this approach, I've no way of knowing, but end-users have suffered and so, now (inevitably), has the manufacturer. So, yes, I hope lessons have been learned, but I also hope attitudes have been altered in so much as not expecting end-users to pick up the slack for a product that's not been fully R&D'd. Were it not for the BG shortage, I think MG would've been hit even harder by the backlash and scuppered sales.

As things stand, do I want to see MG fail? That very much depends on what their motives were, throughout the whole debacle, and almost none of us can know that, for certain.

If I choose to believe that they were motivated purely by greed and didn't give a damn about end-users, then I could say "good riddance".

If I choose to believe they were just naive and over-eager to enter the market, but with no selfish disregard for potentially making life difficult for end-users, then I suppose I might be willing to sit tight, watch them (wisely) step back from the marketplace, regroup and R&D some more, having learned some painful lessons. Ultimately, I think there is still a general desire to see a viable longterm competitor to BG, but only one that properly R&Ds their product before distributing it to the trade - otherwise, they're just contributing to the problem, rather than their competition helping to improve the problem.

If MG do more R&D and re-enter the market in 6 months time, I might be wiling to give them the benefit of the doubt and at least try a couple of bags, on a non-critical job. Whether that ends up being a good experience for me (and, ultimately, them) is almost entirely in their hands.
I think ultimately once the damage has been done they're sunk. Unifinish was a prime example.
A change of name, preferably to something less stupid, a decent useable material and free material to enough guys to get the word spread that it's decent gear might just save their grand plan of challenging BG in some meaningful way.