Bay window project

Well spotted it is Glasgow, u local?
Aye we're based in the southside. I'll message you my number and you can phone me when you make an arse of it. Only joking mate you seem clued up enough, the outlay for materials won't cost much so full yer boots and give it a bash.

Mark why don't you just grow some Ivy up it, cheapest solution, or splash out on a nice creeper.

This looks ok...

Bay window project

Aye we're based in the southside. I'll message you my number and you can phone me when you make an arse of it. Only joking mate you seem clued up enough, the outlay for materials won't cost much so full yer boots and give it a bash.
Cheers mate, let's hope I don't need to call for help. Since you know the local conditions, what sort of mix would you recommend? And how thick should I do each coat?
I'm thinking of filling the deep holes first then 10-15mm 1:1:5 scratch coat hydrated lime, cement n plasterers sand, with stainless mesh n bead to that depth.
then 1:1:7 using white cement and a colour additive to cover the bead for another 10-15mm thickness.
Possibly finish it by dashing with crushed sandstone if I can get a bit.

I replied to what I think, it's just an opinion on pictures, what you do to your house is entirely up to you,
It boils my pish though !!
I've seen this million times, even worse is the idiots that get there sandstone house pointed with sand and cement and say it's done well it was pointed 10 years ago!! Yea but their houses are f**k*d as the sandstone has rotted away, I've seen hundreds of houses with nothing but pointing as the stone is eaten back 50mm,
Maybe I've too much respect for the guys who toiled on the 100 year old buildings to then be destroyed by cheap fixes that'll last 10 years!!
Anyone would love their work to last 100 years plus,
Sorry went off on a trade rant , nothing personal!!

I replied to what I think, it's just an opinion on pictures, what you do to your house is entirely up to you,
It boils my pish though !!
I've seen this million times, even worse is the idiots that get there sandstone house pointed with sand and cement and say it's done well it was pointed 10 years ago!! Yea but their houses are f**k*d as the sandstone has rotted away, I've seen hundreds of houses with nothing but pointing as the stone is eaten back 50mm,
Maybe I've too much respect for the guys who toiled on the 100 year old buildings to then be destroyed by cheap fixes that'll last 10 years!!
Anyone would love their work to last 100 years plus,
Sorry went off on a trade rant , nothing personal!!
I tested with a screwdriver like you said, the stones solid.
And I never asked anyones opinion on wether I should replace it or not, I stated from the start that I am rendering over it like the rest of the street and asked for advise on how to go about it.
I'm just keeping up with the Jones's because mines is letting the street down a bit. And if it's protected from the elements, breathable, and the appearance is matched well to the original, what exactly is the problem? Wouldnt that be called restored? It's hardly being destroyed as you put it.

At the end of the day Mark its your house and you do what ever you like to it?? To be fair to the lads on here have come up with some good options etc. Stick some pics up when your done. I for one would be keen to see your finished product (y)

Oooft! Ok I stated my opinion on my trade that I've seen many times over 28 years, I also stated its your house to do as you wish,
My opinion also is you ain't protecting nothing !! if the work cracks water will get in and frost will put it in the floor...

At the end of the day Mark its your house and you do what ever you like to it?? To be fair to the lads on here have come up with some good options etc. Stick some pics up when your done. I for one would be keen to see your finished product (y)

LOL

I tested with a screwdriver like you said, the stones solid.
And I never asked anyones opinion on wether I should replace it or not, I stated from the start that I am rendering over it like the rest of the street and asked for advise on how to go about it.
I'm just keeping up with the Jones's because mines is letting the street down a bit. And if it's protected from the elements, breathable, and the appearance is matched well to the original, what exactly is the problem? Wouldnt that be called restored? It's hardly being destroyed as you put it.

Yeah, just render it! It's your house, but on the neighbours street! Who gives a f**k! People just gave you more than you have hoped for, but as you said is your house and your money! Good luck, whatever you decide to do!