Bay timber window with weber render.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baz178

Hi got a timber bay window at home and want to take off the old cracked render, and renew with weber colour render. Just wanted to known on what the process would be if I need cement boards and mesh

thanks dan

Welcome along baz :RpS_thumbsup: scissors is the fella for that he should along soon now he's been tagged

if its a timber bay ,id be tempted to insulate it whilst you can prior to rendering, not only that youd be charged at 5% vat instead of 20 as its classed as energy saving work. aqua board and mesh , either thin coat or a mineral scratch render.

All ive done is taken the old render off back to the stud work and insulated it so far.
So is it just the bay ? , what is the rest of the house ?why not get a guy in that deals with these systems , rather then checking if someone is going to do it right

So is it just the bay ? , what is the rest of the house ?why not get a guy in that deals with these systems , rather then checking if someone is going to do it right

All that I am after is some advise, sorry if up set anybody

Hi Baz

See the brochure in my signature below

as you are doing a repair on an existing house, there is no real need for the ventilated cavity. The timber will also have settled, so there should not be alot of settlement to follow either

Fix the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior to the studs, leave a 3-5mm gap between the boards. Mix up the Weber LAC basecoat and push into the gaps, spead over the boards (while the LAC in the gaps is still wet) to apprx 5mm thick, embed the mesh and then skim a further 1mm over the mesh to cover (all while wet). Allow the LAc to fully dry (read the bag label)

Then apply the chosen top coat (with primer, if instructed)

Feel free to contact me - or pass my details onto your renderer, if you like

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel
rlord@knauf.co.uk

Hi Baz

See the brochure in my signature below

as you are doing a repair on an existing house, there is no real need for the ventilated cavity. The timber will also have settled, so there should not be alot of settlement to follow either

Fix the Knauf Aquapanel Exterior to the studs, leave a 3-5mm gap between the boards. Mix up the Weber LAC basecoat and push into the gaps, spead over the boards (while the LAC in the gaps is still wet) to apprx 5mm thick, embed the mesh and then skim a further 1mm over the mesh to cover (all while wet). Allow the LAc to fully dry (read the bag label)

Then apply the chosen top coat (with primer, if instructed)

Feel free to contact me - or pass my details onto your renderer, if you like

Richard Lord
Knauf Aquapanel
rlord@knauf.co.uk

Thank you so much, what sort of mesh would you recommend ?

The Weber render mesh that goes with the LAC basecoat

if you are using an experienced renderer, they will know what ot is and have some offcuts from a roll somewhere

where are you based? might be able to point you at a local Aquapanel exterior stockest

The Weber render mesh that goes with the LAC basecoat

if you are using an experienced renderer, they will know what ot is and have some offcuts from a roll somewhere

where are you based? might be able to point you at a local Aquapanel exterior stockest

I'm from Leeds, yes I will have a read on weber.rend site tonight.

I also forgot to mention that there is a brick wall that runs up the middle of the house and next door, how would you go about boarding that ?

Places like:

CCF, Encon and Travis Perkins will be able to assist with supply of Aquapanel Exterior

Your Renderer may be in a better place to get better rates that you walking in of the street as a cash buyer....

Good Luck!

Places like:

CCF, Encon and Travis Perkins will be able to assist with supply of Aquapanel Exterior

Your Renderer may be in a better place to get better rates that you walking in of the street as a cash buyer....

Good Luck!

we get ours from encon at leeds, good to deal with.

Weber only advise a thin coat as part of this system (for a warranteed system), but as this is a small area on an existing house you could use either....

It depends on what your current house has on it, I would try to match the existing as best i could..... If no current render, I would go with a 1.5 modern thin coat, less likely to crack and easier to clean later on....

I am sure your renderer will know where you can visit and see some examples - there are lots of references in the Leeds area

Good luck!

Last edited:
Weber only advise a thin coat as part of this system (for a warranteed system), but as this is a small area on an existing house you could use either....

It depends on what your current house has on it, I would try to match the existing as best i could..... If no current render, I would go with a 1.5 modern thin coat, less likely to crack and easier to clean later on....

I am sure your renderer will know where you can visit and see some examples - there are lots of references in the Leeds area

Good luck!

Thanks - So something like that weber.plast TF - Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.