Base coat ghosting

cjs

hi guys

Anybody ever had areas of block lines ghosting through there Basecoat?
Iv used hp 12 and in some areas its ghosted,and I'm a little concerned it with go through to the top coat.
Iv never had this happen before and the Basecoat has been on 7 days now.

Blocks where dry but it's even in areas that have not even had the possibility of getting wet,the base coat is only about 3-4 mm thick.

Is there any fixes to make sure it won't come through?
Maybe some sbr over the Basecoat before topping to seal it maybe?

Its a bit thin so it'll just be the difference in suction between the blocks and the mortar that make it show, it should be fine if you prime it as well but if its really thin in places you might see it as the top coat dries as well for the same reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a bit thin so it'll just be the difference in suction between the blocks and the mortar that make it show, it should be fine if you prime it as well but if its really thin in places you might see it as the top coat dries as well for the same reason

So would it be ok to put some sbr over it an hour before top coating ?

hi guys

Anybody ever had areas of block lines ghosting through there Basecoat?
Iv used hp 12 and in some areas its ghosted,and I'm a little concerned it with go through to the top coat.
Iv never had this happen before and the Basecoat has been on 7 days now.

Blocks where dry but it's even in areas that have not even had the possibility of getting wet,the base coat is only about 3-4 mm thick.

Is there any fixes to make sure it won't come through?
Maybe some sbr over the Basecoat before topping to seal it maybe?
I thought you should ave at least 10mm over blocks ?? maybe im wrong like

I was just thinking of putting a coat of sbr over the base coat to see if this would seal it and then creat an equil suction over the whole area an hour before I spray eliminating the ghosting areas,Iv never had this problem before.
By doing it an hour before I was hoping it would still give it a bit of grab and not slide down the wall lol,
I didn't know if anybody else has ever done this!
A guy I know sbr' all there new block work to seal it and with no base coat tops the lot and reckons he can leave that 18hrs or more before scraping off,never tried it myself though.

If
I was just thinking of putting a coat of sbr over the base coat to see if this would seal it and then creat an equil suction over the whole area an hour before I spray eliminating the ghosting areas,Iv never had this problem before.
By doing it an hour before I was hoping it would still give it a bit of grab and not slide down the wall lol,
I didn't know if anybody else has ever done this!
A guy I know sbr' all there new block work to seal it and with no base coat tops the lot and reckons he can leave that 18hrs or more before scraping off,never tried it myself though.
If your woried prime it with krend r7 or r 10 primer

I've had it before bud and was worried about it coming through but couldn't see a thing when we textured it

Reactions: cjs