Awkward pricing

Just priced a job for my best mates cousin who is also a mate of mine.i was giving my mate a hand doing something in his house and she rang him on about the price I gave her being a bit expensive he put her on loud speaker she wasn't slagging me of just thought it would be cheaper shes got me feeling a bit guilty so was wondering what everyone thought of my price
Living room 56 metres
Hall stirs and landing 30 metres
Bedroom 1 42 metres
Bedroom 2 28 metres
Bedroom 3 dab 3 boards and skim ceiling and dabbed wall about 25 metres all ceilings are artex only light patterns her husband is going to blue grit everywhere before hand I've charged £2350 with materials I live in widnes near liverpool so it's a nortwest price.
personally i would have walked out the door let them get on with it,

£300 X 5 let’s put another day on as you will have
Sketchy pre grit will need putting right x 1
Total £1800

materials. £250

total £2050

your welcome

Price to a finish.(nice tidy work) or price for the job (bang it on good enough if you don't look too close)

Which you doing. You go in cheap for X number of days and job runs over then your going to work for nothing.
Know your worth. Stand by your work. Price accordingly. You need a thick skin and ignore the remarks and most of all make a living.

Price to a finish.(nice tidy work) or price for the job (bang it on good enough if you don't look too close)

Which you doing. You go in cheap for X number of days and job runs over then your going to work for nothing.
Know your worth. Stand by your work. Price accordingly. You need a thick skin and ignore the remarks and most of all make a living.
Really all depends on his normal day rate. If he charges £300 a day and he thinks he'll have a leisurely 8 days, knock out down to £250 a day cos it's a mate then £150 materials that's still only £2150. Sounds about 6 days work to me though so mates rates of £250 a day would be £1650. £2350 sounds like the price you go in at when you're busy and can't be f**k*d to a random customer to me

Just priced a job for my best mates cousin who is also a mate of mine.i was giving my mate a hand doing something in his house and she rang him on about the price I gave her being a bit expensive he put her on loud speaker she wasn't slagging me of just thought it would be cheaper shes got me feeling a bit guilty so was wondering what everyone thought of my price
Living room 56 metres
Bedroom 1 42 metres
Bedroom 2 28 metres
Bedroom 3 dab 3 boards and skim ceiling and dabbed wall about 25 metres all ceilings are artex only light patterns her husband is going to blue grit everywhere before hand I've charged £2350 with materials I live in widnes near liverpool so it's a nortwest price.
2grannd job

Everybody seems to roughly agree on the time/rate 'ish but as the poster says, it's the materials he's bothered about and where everybody seems adrift. That's a big risk area, I don't see materials will be any cheaper in his neck of the woods than elsewhere, and he's priced it accordingly.
He can always offer to give some back if it costs less, or get her to agree to pay the actual material cost as he gets it, and make nothing on it himself. Bet she won't want to take the risk herself.

Everybody seems to roughly agree on the time/rate 'ish but as the poster says, it's the materials he's bothered about and where everybody seems adrift. That's a big risk area, I don't see materials will be any cheaper in his neck of the woods than elsewhere, and he's priced it accordingly.
He can always offer to give some back if it costs less, or get her to agree to pay the actual material cost as he gets it, and make nothing on it himself. Bet she won't want to take the risk herself.
To be honest mate I've give money back in the past at first I thought it was a 2000 grand job.what I normally do is charge an extra day incase of unforeseen circumstances then give it back if I dont hit any snags.put a little extra on for the price of materials incase I have to pay a bit extra for them

To be honest mate I've give money back in the past at first I thought it was a 2000 grand job.what I normally do is charge an extra day incase of unforeseen circumstances then give it back if I dont hit any snags.put a little extra on for the price of materials incase I have to pay a bit extra for them
How many days did you allow?

Allowed for 4 days for 2 of us but could do it in 3 put a bit more in for gear as I dont know how much it's going to cost with things being tight they are also living in the house so cant smash it could probably do it in 2 days if house was empty

Allowed for 4 days for 2 of us but could do it in 3 put a bit more in for gear as I dont know how much it's going to cost with things being tight they are also living in the house so cant smash it could probably do it in 2 days if house was empty
There lies the problem then. Guy your working with isn't going to do mates rates for someone he doesn't know and you don't want to earn less than him a day

Mate we charge that much because we are running a business and not a charity.
Living room 56 metres
Bedroom 1 42 metres
Bedroom 2 28 metres

Materials are £350? So if you smash it out in 7 days I'd say it was a fair price. Some lads would take 2 weeks to do that on there own so obviously you would need to double that price.