asbestos free

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
just read a previous post on asbestos in artex .i started as a lad in 1985 all decortex bags had asbestos free stamped in red on them and i iam pretty sure artex done the same bout same time .we had to mix it with hot water to melt the glue which replaced the asbestos.but i never used any other products ie wondertex etc so cant vouch for them.

even when scraped any artex that may have contained asbestos wont release the fibres and you dont need to be licensed to remove artex allthough i think you are meant to have attended a asbestos awareness course before starting such works

There are 3 types of asbestos, Blue (Crosidolite) Brown (Amosite) and White(Chrysotile) the latter being the least harmful. Artex contains minute amounts of white asbestos and is virtually harmless unless inhaled in large quantities.

Incidently Steve Mcqueen Died of Asbestos related lung cancer, because he used a damp asbestos rag roud his mouth when he raced his cars, (might win you a quiz one day)

i was always told a rule of thumb anything pre 80's would have asbestos in the artex

Status
Not open for further replies.