artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruddez

does anybody still artex these days as i dont know anybody that does because i was asked to artex 2 ceilings i thought the chap was having me on and i told him no one does it and also there is only a few merchants that stock it as there is no call for it i give up artexing 15 yrs ago i hope its not coming back into fashion

does anybody still artex these days as i dont know anybody that does because i was asked to artex 2 ceilings i thought the chap was having me on and i told him no one does it and also there is only a few merchants that stock it as there is no call for it i give up artexing 15 yrs ago i hope its not coming back into fashion
Dulux decorating centres stock artex

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I still have all the brushes and one or two combs as usually insurance job where all the rest are still textured so want it the same. Its best to source the odourless bags if you can or the ready mixed in the larger tubs but are around £25, use the artex sealer first too as it will make it much easier to keep the wet edge and pattern.

Round my way it's still asked for in house's..love it my merchants will get in if you ask for it..also worth phone bnq to order in and stock at some branches

I did a course years back. I worked for a loft conversion company and someone would put their foot through a ceiling on every other job. The old boy who repaired them retired and I thought I'd be quids in! Wrong! Done a few full ceilings and fair few insurance jobs but you wouldn't make a living out of it. I use artex for sticking coving up all the time.

We get it all the time old folks in council houses , set in there way's overboard n artex cause the rest of house is artex

Still do Artex if asked proberly 5 ceilings a year but a lot of patch ups but have found I can charge a premium for it now especially comb patterns as nobody does it

I remember artexing lads getting £150 for a 4 bed house of ceilings.
Skilled work indeed! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any idiot can do badly.
But yeah, same as tape and joint, it's quicker therefore cheaper.

Any idiot can do badly.
But yeah, same as tape and joint, it's quicker therefore cheaper.

i have never found tape and joint to be quicker then skim.
i have only done a few tape and joint jobs it seems never ending and no one seals the board now after jointing.

I've a cousin who does dry lining and puts a few nice jobs my way,he's just started a big site in Navan but sadly the're all being tape and jointed.

Its easy to do badly. Casper is great at it. I can do swirl and stipple. Never did combs.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I did a course years back. I worked for a loft conversion company and someone would put their foot through a ceiling on every other job. The old boy who repaired them retired and I thought I'd be quids in! Wrong! Done a few full ceilings and fair few insurance jobs but you wouldn't make a living out of it. I use artex for sticking coving up all the time.
I would not use artex to fix coving as it's a air set,u r taking a chance with that one.

I would not use artex to fix coving as it's a air set,u r taking a chance with that one.
The two I started with use to use Artex. .. I use drywall adhesive :) the wickes stuff is white as well #knauf

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Here'sa couple I did last year on insurance jobs

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 369
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 385
The two I started with use to use Artex. .. I use drywall adhesive :) the wickes stuff is white as well #knauf

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Artex is not an adhesive.if artex gets damp as you know it goes soft again.
It does not set.dry wall adhesive on top of painted surfaces may fail also.

Artex is not an adhesive.if artex gets damp as you know it goes soft again.
It does not set.dry wall adhesive on top of painted surfaces may fail also.
I only ever cove when I have plastered so drywall does the job

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.