artex stablex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

got an artex ceiling to reskim, am thinking of using artex stablex first, let it dry then put the wba on.

anyone else do this?

usually keep a tub on the van. i would say unless the artex is really flaky/chalky and looks like it wants to fall off on it own accord, you should be ok with just WBA. really comes in handy on a nasty bit of distemper tho!

gangsta-spread said:
usually keep a tub on the van. i would say unless the artex is really flaky/chalky and looks like it wants to fall off on it own accord, you should be ok with just WBA. really comes in handy on a nasty bit of distemper tho!

wba should be fine on its own then, cheers.

A top product ;),works best on un -painted artex as gangsta said, it will seal a substrate better than pva ever will

Dont just pva the ceiling make sure you use BONDING COAT first cos if you just use plaster , when the plaster dries it will shrink and you will proberly still see the shape of the artex . the Bonding Coat gets the ceiling flat again the you put the skim on that . Its best to put the Bonding Coat on then put the plaster on in the same day cos if you let the bonding coat dry you would have to keep uni bonding the ceiling cos their will be too much suction . you can plaster the next day but you would have to be as good as me to be able to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.