Artex job in Sandhurst, Berkshire - nice easy one

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devices

Alright chaps, got given your link as someone to ask about for a nice simple artexing job.

Need a kitchen ceiling artexing. Currently got a stipple artex ceiling, with several patches where walls/cabinets have come down. Its all long dried and is solid, the ceilings been up years and the patches were filled 6+ months ago.

Needs a scrape clean and artexing in a very discrete broken leather-ish finish - want a nice clean finish that wont stand out. No coving as the rooms got a lot of corners in it, so just the usual inch-ish wide band round the edges.

Its a 2.3m x 4m kitchen, with about 2 square metre extra by the front door, one meter flat, one going up the slope up the stairs.

Also a bit underneath the stairs as its all open.

All in its about 12 sq/m all in, give or take a bit.

Jobs in Sandhurst, kitchen will be emptied but will obviously have units/worktop etc in.

what you reckon ,anyone interested? Drop me an email or PM.

Ta.

Jamie

Somebody else looking for a job done for peanuts ::) on the flip side, i've got a ceiling to tex on friday. 45 m2 comb effect. they can't get anybody else so i'm charging £350. KERCHING!!! ;D

Bruce Willis said:
spunk in a bag

no mate. ££££££ in a bag ;D ;D ;D

Steve- it's getting harder to source. A bit hit and miss at B&Q. I also artex over artex i.e change the design, with a bag of spunk called "smooth over." similar properties to artex but it sets in about 2 hours and you can re-artex over it the same day! £19 a bag though!!

brewers still do it and tools as well. getting lucrative as well since people have stopped doing it, got a 40m2 insurance job on friday. only swirl though.

Bruce Willis said:
do you get much call for it though? artex in general that is

No, not really. 15 or so years ago it was a license to print money...easy money!! I can go months without any artex work and then this week i've got 2 jobs on back to back! I'd gladly chuck my trowel away if it ever came back into fashion!

Pug said:
brewers still do it and tools as well. getting lucrative as well since people have stopped doing it, got a 40m2 insurance job on friday. only swirl though.

Yep, you can charge a premium as there's very few people around who can do it, let alone do it well!

steve cov said:
get a video if you can pug. do you set it out or just do it free hand?

depends on the pattern and area mate, comb patterns or large areas i'll set pencil marks on the walls, otherwise its by eye.

id like to be able to have a go. cant see it though. if you cant get a vid try and get a couple of pics of different stages? looked on youtube but i can only find some mad welsh dude!

i know it sounds weird but the thing to remember is that there's no such thing as a random pattern, even broken leather has a method

Done loads in the past.
But last few years I've done loads on the insurance work a lot of people have the option to have it flat aswell but most of em want it re textured :eek:

It's a piece of piss steve ;)
I'll video the next one I do for ya......you watch I won't do one for ages now ;D

Casper said:
Bruce Willis said:
spunk in a bag

no mate. ££££££ in a bag ;D ;D ;D

Steve- it's getting harder to source. A bit hit and miss at B&Q. I also artex over artex i.e change the design, with a bag of spunk called "smooth over." similar properties to artex but it sets in about 2 hours and you can re-artex over it the same day! £19 a bag though!!

use finish mate next time save you a wedge!

I've done one in the last 3years, used to do loads though when it was in fashion , i am actually going back to those same jobs and overskimmin em or boarding and skimmin :D

Status
Not open for further replies.